The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do they not mean the teachers told them the answers after the exam?
Erm im confused, is this after the exam they just took. Whats wrong with discussing the exam you have just done?
If it's AFTERWARDS, I'm sure it's not too bad but if it was during or before the exam then no :confused:
we always go to our teachers after the exam, and discuss problem questions etc
Teachers do not see your exam...At least they are not meant to...maybe you misheard them or the teachers had given them some tips and they were exagerrating maybe? :confused:
i'd imagine he means before...
Reply 7
it's fine.
Reply 8
No i meant DURING THE EXAM

they just called the teacher to ask a question like "what does it mean by that"

and apparently the teacher just told what to write
Reply 9
I think teachers are allowed to read the question to you or explain a word in the question. Obviously some might place a certain emphasis on words when reading the question.
Reply 10
LW5x01
No i meant DURING THE EXAM

they just called the teacher to ask a question like "what does it mean by that"

and apparently the teacher just told what to write

That's definately not allowed. :s-smilie:
I think the only answer they can give to that is "what do you think?" or that they can't tell you...

They can't give any hints or anything..
after about year 6 they're not really supposed to help you with anything apart from giving you more paper!
Reply 12
Report them!
Reply 13
Only do something when you're SURE that's what happened.
in my italian exam my teacher told me the answer to a question all i was goin to ask for was a extra piece of paper, that wasnt an external one thank god!

i would have thought the teacher only directed them to the right answer not actually told them the exact thing to write!
Reply 15
In my exam today, I didn't see the box for a candidate name and didn't think to ask when I used some extra sheets...I also didn't write the awarding body on, just my candidate and centre number, I think. I tagged it all together. What do you think?
are u allowed to use post it notes inside your reading books to bring in the exams?
Reply 17
Susannah - no, thats punsihable by disqualification from all exams from every board (I wouldn't :biggrin:)

Everyone else - teachers can talk to you before and after about the paper (not givving anything away beforehand, of course) All they can do during the exam is read out the question, give you paper, pens, etc, or take you to the toilet. They cant tell you what to write
Teachers arn't even alowed in the exam room, unless its a pratical exam. (thats how it is at our school i thought it was nationwide)
Callipygian
Teachers arn't even alowed in the exam room, unless its a pratical exam. (thats how it is at our school i thought it was nationwide)

Nope, our teachers are the invigilators (or however you spell it!) :smile:

Latest