The Student Room Group

I've been an absolute idiot (extra sheets in exams)

I did an exam today and I asked for more paper. I only wrote my candidate number and centre number on the sheets, and not my name...at least I think I put my candidate number on them all. They were most definitely tagged to my paper. I've been told to go see the exams officer tomorrow. Will they have sent my papers yet? And if so, what could happen?

Scroll to see replies

If they're tagged, you're fine! :smile:
Don't worry about it, if they've been tagged then they will be counted.
Reply 3
Oh, thank god! Will I be able to get my name written on it by the examiner? (I.e. do all schools get their papers sent off the day after) Just in case. I'm also not sure if I labelled up the questions right...I had to do all this when the exam had finished so I was in a rush.
Your name doesn't matter. If it is with your answer book then its ok :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thanks :smile: The inviligator I spoke to (who was lovely) sounded a bit worried though... I have another exam in the subject to do though, so it's not a disaster if I've messed it up, I'm expected an A* but if I get lower I'm not too worried.
Reply 6
Can you tell me if the papers get sent off immediately after, hence will I be able to see the exam officer in the morning?
Reply 7
Please? I'm really worrying about this.
Reply 8
Umm they might be, it is is most probable. But don't worry! If it's tagged your exam officer can tell the board the name is written on. To be honest hte most important thing is candidate number and don't worry!!!
Reply 9
No, it's very unlikely the papers got sent off immediately afterwards.

The very first papers are usually marked 3 days after the exam, so if you go and sort it out tomorrow you should be fine.
Reply 10
If they have your candidate number and centre number it should be fine anyway. They are unique to you and if they are attached to your answer booklet then you definitely have nothing to worry about.
Lol stop worrying about it! The person that's marking your exam is not going to see the last page and think OMG the person hasn't put their name down I refuse to mark this!! Similarly, even if you haven't put the question number down I'm sure the person marking your paper will be able to establish what question you have answered! Just focus on revising for your next exam and tomorrow just go and ask your exams officer about what to do :smile:
Reply 12
I'm not sure if I wrote my candidate number on every page, but I think I did on at least two of them. But I noticed at the end that I'd written the question number down wrong as well for one of them...aaargh...will they be able to match the rest of my answer up to the question I answered?
Reply 13
Yes yes monkee :smile:

Seriously, don't drive yourself mad. The examiner isn't their to criticize ( i hope...)

They will realize. Just concentrate on your next exams and RELAX, r.e exams are tiring!
You're worrying too much. If the sheets were tagged to your paper and you've filled in everything on the front of the paper correctly, everything will be fine!
Reply 15
Yep, I'm pretty sure I did that...It was only 50% of my final grade anyway. I know that sounds irresponsible, but if I've made that mistake then that's only 5% of the whole thing gone. And to be honest, I'm just so het up because I've been revising since Easter and just wanted all this effort to be worth it.
Reply 16
Also, examiners will notice the handwriting, as well as every other thing that is down to identify you. If you focus on panincing about this exam, you'll find that the other ones wont go as well. Relax, and get full marks!
monkee
Yep, I'm pretty sure I did that...It was only 50% of my final grade anyway. I know that sounds irresponsible, but if I've made that mistake then that's only 5% of the whole thing gone. And to be honest, I'm just so het up because I've been revising since Easter and just wanted all this effort to be worth it.

lol again, you're worrying too much!! The examiners would have no reason not to mark your paper just because your name wasn't on the sheets. They can get all your info from your candidate number anyway.
Reply 18
The revision will be worth it
Reply 19
Ok, thanks people :smile: Any advice on how to explain the situation to my exam officer would be helpful... (I have no more 'important' exams until next week - my next one is PE short course, multiple choice on Friday, so tomorrow will be charging into school and trying to hunt those in charge down :P)

Latest