The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
awais590
GAH. I just came back from a sixth form evening earlier yesterday. It was to the sixth form i'm planning on going to.

BUT. as is said before that i wanna study: History, english lang/lit, politics & biology

the sixth form doesn't teach politics and on top of that. general studies is compulsory for the full A2. critical thinking is optional.

so now. i'm thinking of taking:

History, combined english OR english lit, sociology & economics. for the full A level.
BUT i'll have to remove one of them or take one as an AS in order to put ****** general thinking in there for the full 2 years.
i wanna pursue a career in law.

so, what do you think?

thanks! :biggrin:

Take history, combined english OR english lit, sociology & economics. And then drop the one you don't like so much/don't do as well in, at the end of the year. You don't have to decide which one yet. I'd also recommend taking English literature over combined but only if you know you'll like the course.
Reply 41
Physics biology and history all the way! I'm not applying to law but ppe which is quite similar I was a wannabe lawyer till last year and my AS were AAABC in bio physics history critical thinking and english lit
Reply 42
I am choosing my A-levels at the end of this week..
So far, I'm thinking: English Literature + Language, Sociology, Geography and Law? Except for law, I'm most stuck, because I'd like to try it out first, and see whether I do actually want to do it at university, but then is it a waste of an A-level altogether, especially if it doesn't give me an advantage from Law applicants at uni? Also it is complusory for me to take critical thinking as part of the AQA baccaleurete i'm taking; is this a bad decision?
thank you to everyone's advice so far, very helpful :smile:
Reply 43
roisin-ob
I am choosing my A-levels at the end of this week..
So far, I'm thinking: English Literature + Language, Sociology, Geography and Law? Except for law, I'm most stuck, because I'd like to try it out first, and see whether I do actually want to do it at university, but then is it a waste of an A-level altogether, especially if it doesn't give me an advantage from Law applicants at uni? Also it is complusory for me to take critical thinking as part of the AQA baccaleurete i'm taking; is this a bad decision?
thank you to everyone's advice so far, very helpful :smile:

ermm. yeah, that would be a disadvantage to an extent as uni's would prefer if you haven't had any experience with law so they can start from scratch.

Latest

Trending

Trending