The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So in 2003 there were 600 applications and 158 people got places (including those in the pool).
That's about 3.8 applicants per place.

I applied to Emmanuel - 746 applicants and 225 places.
Reply 21
vinny2256
Please read my CSAS Christ's!! I plead you....!!!!

wots CSAS??
Reply 22
zip it123
wots CSAS??

Special access scheme.
Reply 23
vinny2256
Special access scheme.

so why you worried - if u have circumstances then u stand a betta chance
Reply 24
zip it123
so why you worried - if u have circumstances then u stand a betta chance

No I really am not good enough. I work really hard and all but I just havent got what everyone else applying here has, ie 12 A*'s! I'll settle for Bristol though. At least I tried!
Reply 25
vinny2256
No I really am not good enough. I work really hard and all but I just havent got what everyone else applying here has, ie 12 A*'s! I'll settle for Bristol though. At least I tried!

Yeh but GCSES aren't eveything - so u r unlikely to get a EE offer - but if u have solid as marks then u still got a good chance of getting a typical offer
Reply 26
zip it123
Yeh but GCSES aren't eveything - so u r unlikely to get a EE offer - but if u have solid as marks then u still got a good chance of getting a typical offer

The only redeeming thing I have is gettin full marks in 2 modules in 2 AS's, but everyone else has full marks in everything! how are u ppl so smart?!
I don't think your GCSEs will matter too much if you explain the circumstances behind them. And you have 3 good As at AS to show how well you're doing now.
Reply 28
hitchhiker_13
I don't think your GCSEs will matter too much if you explain the circumstances behind them. And you have 3 good As at AS to show how well you're doing now.

If I get an interview, theyll prob most definitely ask me why 3 As and not 4. Theyll totally slaughter me. Tell me about the interview someone!!
vinny2256
If I get an interview, theyll prob most definitely ask me why 3 As and not 4. Theyll totally slaughter me. Tell me about the interview someone!!

I'm sure you'll get an interview. Just think of a good reason why you did three - I'm sure you have one and you're just getting worried unnecessarily.
Reply 30
hitchhiker_13
I'm sure you'll get an interview. Just think of a good reason why you did three - I'm sure you have one and you're just getting worried unnecessarily.

I do. And all the gory details are on the CSAS, but theylll probably laugh me off.
vinny2256
I do. And all the gory details are on the CSAS, but theylll probably laugh me off.

If there are good reasons, they'll accept them. It'll be fine.
Reply 32
hitchhiker_13
If there are good reasons, they'll accept them. It'll be fine.

Lol thanx for ur advice u lovely person. Ill keep u updated anyhow over the next few crazy weeks!
vinny2256
Lol thanx for ur advice u lovely person. Ill keep u updated anyhow over the next few crazy weeks!

Ok, you do that. I'll be over for my interview at some stage between the 13th and 16th of December, and Emma is very near Christs. I'll look out for you - the one with the panicky look about him. Just kidding.
Reply 34
hitchhiker_13
Ok, you do that. I'll be over for my interview at some stage between the 13th and 16th of December, and Emma is very near Christs. I'll look out for you - the one with the panicky look about him. Just kidding.

Lol i will be panicky and severly shy. Especially as I have to fly over myself from Tyrone and then try to work out the London UNderground! Agh!!!!
vinny2256
Lol i will be panicky and severly shy. Especially as I have to fly over myself from Tyrone and then try to work out the London UNderground! Agh!!!!

Tyrone? I'm from Derry.
Fly Derry to Stansted, then hop on the Cambridge Express. Unless you have to go into London first?
Reply 36
hitchhiker_13
Tyrone? I'm from Derry.
Fly Derry to Stansted, then hop on the Cambridge Express. Unless you have to go into London first?

Im from Omagh haha! wat school u go to? Thorn Hill?
vinny2256
Im from Omagh haha! wat school u go to? Thorn Hill?

Ahh now, that would be telling :rolleyes:
Reply 38
hitchhiker_13
Ahh now, that would be telling :rolleyes:

Perhaps Foyle? Eh??!
vinny2256
Perhaps Foyle? Eh??!

Ask away, I'm not going to tell you.
Seriously though, there are flights to Stansted from Eglinton, and from there it's just about 40mins on the train or bus.

Latest

Trending

Trending