The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the problem I have is I look at the questions, and think I don't know what to do, but when I asked for help, it was pretty straightforward, which is annoying!
Reply 21
Physics is awesome! I'm not too confident on unit 3 though... I just need to sit down and go through my notes and learn it :s-smilie:

My class are fantastic - me and 2 friends built our teachers a 'real' wheatstone bridge http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4439/p1010003nq1.jpg

It's made out of wheat and stone (hence being 'real'). Yes we are geeks :biggrin:
Reply 22
wheatstone bridge :O
I think I have forgotten what that is.
Is that the circuit with the 4 resistors
r1 over r2 = r3 over r4 ?
Reply 23
Yes thats the one :smile:
Reply 24
I'm impressed I could remember offhand what MOSFET stood for, though I should considering I'm doing AH this year.

Good luck to everyone though.
Reply 25
Can someone please help me with the 2006 question 2.

Really stuck at it thanks x
Cw.x
Can someone please help me with the 2006 question 2.

Really stuck at it thanks x

Th speed of the ball does not have direction, so if you have the horizontal and vertical compents of velocity does that help you figure out what the speed will be?
Reply 27
yeh sure.

its a vector with two components.

Just draw a right angled triangle, and put 30 on the vertical, and 40 on the horizontal.

Pythagoras gives you 50ms!
Reply 28
Ermm... no lol sorry I'm not very good at this area of physics.
Reply 29
Oh Yeahhh i get it now thankuuu :smile:
Reply 30
its just the combined vertical and horizontal.

Forget about angles. just a right angled triangle. Vertical component = 30ms whn landing

horizontal = 40ms when landing

40^2 + 30^2 = 2500

therefore v = 50ms
When you have components of velocity you can always make a triangle and use pythagoras and trigonometry to find what the others are, just think of it like a triangle and you should be fine :smile:
Reply 32
Thre are so many questions which use the triangle method
Reply 33
I was thinking of crashing physics next year. Is this wise or is it to hard to crash?
Reply 34
Du Ba
I was thinking of crashing physics next year. Is this wise or is it to hard to crash?

If your good at maths go for it. Once you know where to get the figures from and manipulate the formulas its relatively straight forward.
I would say physics is one of the easiest subjects to crash, you'd be fine with it :smile:
Reply 36
can anyone tell me about mosfets cause we never had time to finish the course :s
kerry_1
can anyone tell me about mosfets cause we never had time to finish the course :s

Mosfets are Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistors that are semi-conductors which only conduct when there is a "gate" voltage of 2v or more. There are three parts, the source, the gate and the drain. There is more you need to know but i reccomend looking it up on scholar if you have it, they have nice pictures. I couldn't learn it just through text
Reply 38
ok..thank you :biggrin:
Reply 39
Just started the 2004 paper and I already can't get 1 and 2 :s.. I'm really bad with this area as you can possibly tell. Any help please?

Latest

Trending

Trending