The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nope :smile: But the How to Pass book is a godsend
Reply 41
^ Our head of the department wrote most of that. It's just a facsimile of our notes!
Reply 42
I have basically 2 days to study for Computing, damn, how am I gonna force most of the multimedia unit into my head in that. Not to mention go over al of the other note for the other 2 topics
Reply 43
Heres some good notes we had printer off for revision purposes.. some of you may find them useful...

Computer Systems

Software Development

AI

Multimedia Technology
rach1991
Hey does anyone know how to calculate the percentage you need to get in the exam for an A, if you include your coursework task marks? I got 53..

I vaguely remember it's adding your exam mark out of 120 to your coursework mark then divide by three so that will be your mark out of 60 and you can work out the percentage from there.

I could be wrong though.
Reply 45
jocky
Heres some good notes we had printer off for revision purposes.. some of you may find them useful...

Computer Systems

Software Development

AI

Multimedia Technology

thank you :smile:
got any networking ones?
Reply 46
ye thanks for those notes, ill b studyin frm them till monday haha
Reply 47
pamelaa
thank you :smile:
got any networking ones?

nope sorry
Reply 48
i got 48/60 on the coursework task so does this mean i only need roughly 51% for a B?

delighted if so!
Sure is! God bless the coursework.
Reply 50
I got 55/60 in the coursework, so I really will be gutted if I don't get an A
Reply 51
Would they not raise the pass mark by a heck of a lot, seeing as everyone is getting 90% for their coursework (I got 56-58, forgot actual number), best start revising. Does anyone know how to properly answer a question which asks how the lines (data, address,control) are used (in what order, and function) to make (say) a read/write, this is what i think so far, but i'm pretty sure my functions are wrong:

Address bus: Store the location of the data to be read
Control bus: Sends data from address bus to data bus
Data bus: Send data to be read and executed.
Reply 52
If you mean the Fetch Execute Cycle then these are the correct steps...

Memory Read Operation:

1) The required memory address is put in the Memory Address Register.
2) The control unit activates the read line.
3) The contents of the memory at the address are put on the data bus and into the Memory Data Register.

Memory Write Operation:

1) The required memory address is put in the Memory address register.
2) The value to be written is put into the Memory Data Register.
3) The control unit activates the Write line.
4) The contents of the Memory Data Register are transferred by the data bus to the required memory address.
Reply 53
I've decided to actually sit this exam so I should really be revising instead of on TSR, but TSR rules :P
Reply 54
I hate this subject with a passion, I'm meant to be revising but just cannot be bothered :frown: I lost loads of marks cause I'm not "technical enough" and I',m really not looking forward to this exam
Reply 55
ChocolateEyes
I hate this subject with a passion, I'm meant to be revising but just cannot be bothered :frown: I lost loads of marks cause I'm not "technical enough" and I',m really not looking forward to this exam

Is it your last exam?
Reply 56
You're not alone :redface:
I hate computing :frown:
Reply 57
Yep :smile: Thank God cause I'm already cracking up.
Reply 58
I actually like computing hence why im taking AH next year :biggrin:

Still 2 exams to go though.. :frown:
Reply 59
ChocolateEyes
Yep :smile: Thank God cause I'm already cracking up.

At least you can look forward to chilling out after then :biggrin:

Latest