The Student Room Group

AQA citizenship anyone?

Got the short course exam tomorrow, and I've lost my folder with all the work I've done in it (not that there was much). But, it did have some useful past papers in it and the aqa sites not working but oh well. Anyone else doing it? Bothering to revise? What do you think we need to know?
Reply 1
Yeah, im doing that paper tomorrow too.

We wouldnt be on it if we hadnt had a stupid teacher join at the start of year 11, who made the other teaachers make us take the exam and take up a free lesson for us, because she said it was an easy half gcse.

I dont understand why we need another 1/2 gcse they seem useless to me, im already got the grades for greenhead.

But yea i also lost my stuff and cant find anywhere with revision, but i guess its mostly common sense and talking about your coursework... doesnt seem hard.
Reply 2
Yeah, it is really pointless. It's gonna be hard to get a good mark though as the coursework was really bad. I have no idea what the final grades were, but some people were told that their coursework was so bad that even if they got full marks in the exam, they could only get a D.
I think Section Bs the worst, with the source and then questions on it. The whole paper is a waste of 90 minutes :angry:
Reply 3
I'm probably only going to revise for an hour, it's basically all general knowledge. I manged to get an A* on one mock and an A on another with no revision at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
I did it today, seemed easy enough however you are pushed for time and I did feel myself going slightly off topic on a bit of a rant. Who did this today and how did you find it then?
Yeah, I've just done it. It was alright, but tbh the mocks have had easier and more stimulating questions. I didn't much like the section B focus this time around. And I didn't know what two different forms of local council were or what commenwealth nations do to help each other - I just wrote something about aid.

For section D I chose #8, how about others? I quite liked it.

Anyone know what the rough grade boundaries are?
For two forms of local council I put parish council and city council? Probaly not right lol. I chose number 8 for q. 4 aswell.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-BOUND-JUN07.PDF

Thats last years grade boundaries. They seem high though hopefully they are lower this year.
Yeah, when mixed with coursework and so on it should be alright. Not much we can do now.
Reply 9
I put district councils and parish councils for that one. And for the commonwealth one, I put that they all supply troops during a war and trade is free of import and export duties, but I just made it all up. I did Q6 at the end, but my essay wasn't that great. I thought Section B was really good though and I used loads of examples in it, but I id spend 30 minutes on it. I think it should be a 2 hour exam. When we did last years paper as a mock, 96/126 was an A*.
Reply 10
I put parish councils and county councils :smile:, didn't get the Commonwelath question, I did Question 8 as well, but really pushed 4 time so i only spent lyk 10min on it!

Latest