The Student Room Group

Higher Media Studies

I don't know if anyone has done Media but if you have some advice would be awesome!

For the Analysis section, Correct me if I'm wrong. There are 4 questions, so there will be one question specifying each of the four key concepts (6, minus Language and Categories) and you can pick two others to accompany the concept specified in the question. This theoretically means that you can use ANY three you wish of the 4? Correct? So would it be fair to try and focus on one standard structure you want to use and ignore other stuff. (aka, what you are able to write about wont be incredibly dependent on the questions as in english).

For all of the key concepts, what is the easiest way to create a thread out of representations and audience and institutions? (Like there is for narrative: Linear structure; Classic Structure; Mythic Structure; Character Types; Binary Oppositions; Narrative codes.) I find an essay with narrative in it is so much easier to write because of this "Thread" which everything else can integrate into.

Also for the Production section. The reflective question is DEFINITELY on planning this year? My teacher said that it WILL be planning because the SQA said it would be at a conference or something. Is this true? :s-smilie:

Hope I've made sense. If anyone else is doing media it'd be cool to know what you're feeling about the exam. :smile: I know its a while away...

Latest

Trending

Trending