The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i screwed it up. Went blank in the exams, I guess its only 25%
Reply 2
Not too bad I don't think. Some of the questions were quite badly worded though.

There was a load about the voice as well!

And the minimalist pieces were awful. As in the pieces themselves, they were terrible. Who would ever choose to listen to that?
AHHAAHHAHHAH
THAT WAS MADNESS.
Did anyone else look on the back page?
where they'd kindly listed the composers and the names of all the tracks?

I can't believe they were stupid enough to do that.
So for those questions asking "Name a possible composer" I wrote them straight off the copyright acknowledgement.

It answered about 6 questions for me.
Like..... That Elizabethan piece was a pavane , the minimalist was by Phillip Glass..... The skeleton score was by Haydn.
The Bhangra was called "Dhol" something or other.

My faith in the OCR is severely diminished now.....
Reply 4
LOL!
omg I wish i had noticed that.
I'll still get the marks anyway, I put Bach for the score question and Steven Reich for the minimalist thing and they are the right period/style.
But if you are a good student you wouldn't need to look to know it's a pavanne :wink:
Reply 5
Really, I didn't notice that, I think I got the composers right anyway.
Reply 6
What did people put for the question about what notes the timp plays on the classical question?

I put dominant and tonic because I didn't hear it but I assumed that's what it would be :wink:
Reply 7
Yes me to but I said V and 1 will they accept that as Dominant and Tonic? I put that as well because I'm guessing it was a perfect cadence. Do you think they will accept V and I rather than Dominant and Tonic?
Reply 8
I should think so. I don't think you're expected to know the techincal names of the notes of the scale so I should think it'd be alright. They'd probably accept Dominant and Tonic, 5 and 1, V and I, Fifth and First etc.
Reply 9
I hope your right, I really wanna A but I think I will probs get a B
Reply 10
The grade boundaries are really low for this exam though, it's like 54 marks for an A or something!

What are your marks for coursework and terminal task?
Reply 11
I completly went blank on some questions, as always.
I'm very, very grateful that the exam is only 25%!

Can not believe I didn't notice the copyright info on the back, my teacher couldn't believe it afterwards - he didn't even notice it - it was one of the invigalators. :biggrin:
Reply 12
You'd think they would send some sort of copyright notice with the papers not to be shown to the students or something. Printing them on the back is a REALLY stupid thing to do.
Reply 13
Wow i ****ed up on that, but my course work is straight A* so i should be ok for getting an A or B
Reply 14
You have probably done a lot better than you think you did. We were discussing the paper with our teacher and realised that we'd put a lot of similar answers which she said were correct!

And you'll get easy marks for the styles and things, which were all pretty obvious :smile:
you cant know that you got an A* in coursework.... (Unless you got full marks?!) Because that boundary isnt published.. it's calculated when the overal score is calculated (Coursework+T.T+Exam)

Ive never heard of anyone getting full marks in Music Coursework..... But Some people must do....Kudos if you did!
Reply 16
Yeah, people at my school did. I did until my teacher knocked off 1 mark for some unknown reason :grr:
Mhmm...
I hope it makes you happy.
Reply 18
for the first question was the scale for the folk song minor or pentatonic? in my school opinion is split.

also was the bhangra rhythm used, not the chaal?
It was the Chaal.
Because it was Crotchet Quaver, there were no dots.

The chaal is also much more commonly used...

there's no way it was minor! It was a very jolly tune! So Pentatonic, almost certainly, I toyed with the idea of modal, and then remembered that folk tunes are very often pentatonic.

Latest