The Student Room Group
I thought it was quite easy :smile:
Easy..over 20% of the paper was for measuring things (11 marks) :smile:
Reply 3
RoadWarrior
I thought it was quite easy :smile:

Hmm half of the paper was fine. But there was 3 questions which annoyed me, they were the ones:
state two problems about the eletrical heater question and how could you prevent it.
then there was the one about what problems would occur with the reflected rays (oil and air) question amongst lots of other question I disliked.
Well, I know I have half of the paper (I think) And it was only 20%. I've just got to put my head down now for paper 2 80% :s-smilie:!
Exactly, only 20%. It makes little difference as long as you do decently.
jessie_pars
Hmm half of the paper was fine. But there was 3 questions which annoyed me, they were the ones:
state two problems about the eletrical heater question and how could you prevent it.
then there was the one about what problems would occur with the reflected rays (oil and air) question amongst lots of other question I disliked.
Well, I know I have half of the paper (I think) And it was only 20%. I've just got to put my head down now for paper 2 80% :s-smilie:!

Can i give the answer? (well at least what i thought they were)

I think the problems for the electrical heater was that heat could escape out of the top as there was no top for the beaker and this would have affected the temperature. I also said that there is resistance in the battery and wires which affects the power output...

And secondly...i said use a red light/ laser so that it can easily be seen passing through the oil. Futhermore i put that it would be hard to draw on the normal, therefore use a plastic sheet over the side of the basin so the normal can be drawn on in pen.
I said the electric heater is not 100% efficient, so some energy will be wasted as light.

I said thurn the lights off and use a retort stand to hold the ray box steadily so it does not move.
Reply 7
I can't even remember what I said for the reflection question, something stuipid I know anyway.
And the beaker one, I remember I said that heat could escape through beaker, and I think I said something stuipid again like everything like e.g beaker must be kept constant :s-smilie:.
I didn't do very well :frown:.
Reply 8
i put it to 3sf on the first page somehow! then did a smooth curve?!?! and put no degrees on the axis or in the chart.

and will they accept laser, or does it have to be ray box?
Reply 9
ray box! that's what it's called, i said a thing with a slit and a lightbulb in it!
Reply 10
as its for r*tards though, apparently they accept anything lol

isnt it 30% btw? or do they scale it down? -- so you dont even need 100% to get 100%? {fingers crossed}
Reply 11
It's 20%. I found the whole thing extremely easy apart from the last question about the oil, which I found very vague and hard to visualise.

Latest