The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Easy peasy... you won't even notice the time flying, to be honest.
Reply 2
I have worse :P

I have Biology unit 1 and 2. - 3 Hours.

Then on the next day i have 3 Chemistry exams - 3 hours
but then

I AM FREE :biggrin:
I'm doing 2 biology modules on the 3rd, but I've got 3 chemistry modules the day after :frown:
Reply 4
Same here and I'll be starting revision on Tuesday after my German Oral (:s-smilie: ). At least we haven't got resits to do of module 1 though; I feel sorry for the people who have 3 hours of exams to do. I know I wouldn't be able to cope by the end!
Reply 5
i have c1, c2 on 2nd, 3 hrs
Bio 1 and 2 on 3rd, 3 hrs
eco 1,2,3 on 4th, anotha 3hrs
Reply 6
I am really not looking forward to that week :frown:
Monday - 3 hours of History
Tuesday - 3 hours of Biology
Wednesday - 3 hours of Chemistry
Friday - hour and a half of Stats
As if I am going to do well in the Biol exams when they are in between all of that!
haha unlikely Meg

Got C1,C2
Then Bio

then freedom.....for like 6 days; then school *cry*
Reply 8
dancingbeth
Same here and I'll be starting revision on Tuesday after my German Oral (:s-smilie: ). At least we haven't got resits to do of module 1 though; I feel sorry for the people who have 3 hours of exams to do. I know I wouldn't be able to cope by the end!

hahah you summed up how i feel :frown:

3 hours isnt tht bad when its a application of knowledge but BIOLOGY IS JUST KNOWLEDGE so nooo 3 hours of having to remember everythign i learnt :angry:

however, come following day chem THEN DONE until 5 days later were i start doing A2's haha
Reply 9
How is everyone finding Biology Spec A? I feel if you know your stuff and keep attempting past papers then you can achieve a decent grade! What did people get for their coursework?
HodHod
I really don't know how I can do two modules on the same day!
Genetics and Physiology :s-smilie:

God forbid you ever have to sit exams!

How on earth you would ever cope at university or in the real world I don't know.

FFS, people used to sit six hours of exams in a day - and you're complaining about two.

Do you not think you sound totally ridiculous OP?
Reply 11
Speedbird2008
God forbid you ever have to sit exams!

How on earth you would ever cope at university or in the real world I don't know.

FFS, people used to sit six hours of exams in a day - and you're complaining about two.

Do you not think you sound totally ridiculous OP?

I think you are being a little insensitive here. They are exams and naturally people worry about them. The OP is just nervous and is looking for some encouragement so I really don't think your sarcasm adds anything useful to this topic.
Reply 12
yeah i agree with dancing beth...frankly i don't care about people who sat 6 hours i care about wht going on right now and what will. OP has every right to feel worried about sitting two so don't criticise someone based on what they might find a bit daunting you have no right to.

2 hours or 3 hours they can be 2 hours that can open some doors or 2 hours of failure so it really is quite important regardless of the time.
Reply 13
Zizou10
How is everyone finding Biology Spec A? I feel if you know your stuff and keep attempting past papers then you can achieve a decent grade! What did people get for their coursework?

I have self taught myself unit 2 because my other biology teacher cannot teach... I can't seem to revise Gene Technology or Immunity.... keeps going out my head :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 14
Jordan_U
I have self taught myself unit 2 because my other biology teacher cannot teach... I can't seem to revise Gene Technology or Immunity.... kep going out my head :s-smilie: :frown:

google some animations etc. it helped me when revising for it last year :smile:
Advice for BYA2... learn your mark schemes!

I got 103/105 last year by cramming mark schemes the night before and quickly flicking through what is apparently not a very good only detailed enough for a Grade C revision guide. But it is the module with the highest grade boundaries as everyone seems to like all the DNA and Genetic engineering stuff.
Reply 16
Jordan_U
I have self taught myself unit 2 because my other biology teacher cannot teach... I can't seem to revise Gene Technology or Immunity.... keeps going out my head :s-smilie: :frown:
Yeah My Other Biology Teacher is the same, but thank god she teached us the easier topics, i.e. crops and biotech. But my other teacher is a doctor and he taught us the genetics etc. For immunity it is straight forward but in the exam they like to play with you abit, see if you know your stuff. Gene Tech is tricky i must say...have you used the philip allan updates revision guide?
dancingbeth
I think you are being a little insensitive here. They are exams and naturally people worry about them. The OP is just nervous and is looking for some encouragement so I really don't think your sarcasm adds anything useful to this topic.

What, TWO exams?

Get real.
Zizou10

Yeah I find past papers really help too, you learn how they want you to answer the questions, which is useful as I find AQA can be really picky :mad:

I got 58/60 for my coursework, which means along with my January Unit 1 mark, I'm already on a C. Woop!
Reply 19
scaryhair
Yeah I find past papers really help too, you learn how they want you to answer the questions, which is useful as I find AQA can be really picky :mad:

I got 58/60 for my coursework, which means along with my January Unit 1 mark, I'm already on a C. Woop!

omg whats a valve!

GK

Latest