The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology - (16th May) HELP!

After looking at the big thread on this exam, I have realised that everyone else has been taught different things to my school!

The "Discuss at least two criticisms of research into majority influence" (18 marks)... we did this in class at the beginning of the year, and we were told the study Asch was AO1 and the criticisms were AO2, this was by the psychology teacher! We were never taught about historical bias or anything.

Also, "Outline two ways how someone might resist obedience" we were taught all about the proximity of the person, like in Milgrams study where when orders were given over the phone, the participant resisted the obedience more.

This has really, REALLY made me worry, as it looks like we have been taught the wrong things for a year....

Does this mean I will get a really awful grade?
Please help
You won't have been taught the wrong things, just something different. I have a feeling I was taught the same kind of thing as you for that paper when I did it last year.
Reply 2
Happy_Holidays
You won't have been taught the wrong things, just something different. I have a feeling I was taught the same kind of thing as you for that paper when I did it last year.

But if I have been taught things that aren't on the mark scheme, I won't get any marks will I? :frown:
Reply 3
Look there's no point panicking. I messed up an essay because I misread the question. I got so excited when I saw the word "forgetting" because I could remember all of my essay plan that I jumped straight in and wrote a whole essay on forgetting in general. The question asked specifically for forgetting in LTM! So I've lost about 10 marks there!
If you think about it overall, 10 marks is not much, so long as you did well in other areas. Granted it's a waste and it's annoying but there's nothing you can do except beat yourself up about it or move on and concentrate on your next exams!
You can always retake the module if you're really upset with your grade. That's what I plan to do. Might just retake it to boost my grade so I don't have to score as highly at A2!
Anyway (sorry for rambling), to answer your question, your teacher is wrong BUT you will still get marks for the criticisms. So don't worry! :smile:
Reply 4
dont worry pal. youve done the same as me!
Reply 5
Ive failed 2 :smile:
Jm242
But if I have been taught things that aren't on the mark scheme, I won't get any marks will I? :frown:

Seriously your teacher isn't about to teach you something that won't get you marks. Have you seen a Psychology mark scheme? They're pretty much along the lines of if you answered the question you get marks and the amount of marks depends on how detailed you've been.
Reply 7
Jm242
After looking at the big thread on this exam, I have realised that everyone else has been taught different things to my school!

The "Discuss at least two criticisms of research into majority influence" (18 marks)... we did this in class at the beginning of the year, and we were told the study Asch was AO1 and the criticisms were AO2, this was by the psychology teacher! We were never taught about historical bias or anything.

Thats exactly how I answered the question too, so you're not the only one!

Latest