The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say it's more that he sees they look after and travel with each other, which was a very uncommon thing at the time for workers of this sort.
Reply 2
Yes. Lennie and George are massive homosexuals.

No, no they're not, they're just very close friends ... although I do believe I went through my book underlighting all the passages, phrases and moments that implied they were gay ...
Reply 3
Unfortunantley no.

It think its more of a tension between them, but Curley knows he cannot exert his power over George as much.

Also it was uncommin to travel, so its 'that way'.
Trirarien
Yes. Lennie and George are massive homosexuals.

No, no they're not, they're just very close friends ... although I do believe I went through my book underlighting all the passages, phrases and moments that implied they were gay ...

the OP wasn't asking whether they are Gay. she was asking if curley was suggesting that.

OP, yeah he was. as said, it was very unusual for people to travel together and so he thought they were lovers. or at least that's what our teacher said when I did it.
Reply 5
Yes, Curley believes they must be intimate because he doesn't understand any other reason for these two unlikely characters to be travelling together, fully demonstrating the isolation and lonelyness of ranchers in the time this novella was set.
Reply 6
lauralegend, our teacher implied that Curley does try to imply that...but clearly others disagree.. i think i am going to avoid it
you can say whatever you like as long as you reason your points out.
Reply 8
//
Curley believes that must be the only reason they would travel together, because of how rare it is.
Reply 10
oh okay, thanks for the help guys, cleared that one up for me. =]
Reply 11
I can offically say no more of mice and men:biggrin: