The Student Room Group
Well, the Language paper 1 and Poerty literature (Vergil) are both 30% each. The other 2 papers, whichever ones you do, are 20% each.
Two are worth 30% each and the other two 20% each.

In my case Paper 1 and Paper 2 are 30%, and Paper 3 and 5 20%.
Reply 3
language 1 = 30%
verse = 30 %
language 2 = 20 %
prose = 20 %

and if you are doing roman life instead of language 2 (paper 3) that is also 20%. im not too sure about foundation language 1 though, i think it is probably the same however

ED!T: 2 posts too late >.< :P
Reply 4
Thank you very much.

I think Paper 1 was quite hard, though I think I did reasonably well; Paper 2 was quite easy and I think I got a good score, every single mark on the first section.

Paper 4 and 5 should be alright. I am very good on Pliny, and I'll probably just shake up Clodia and Sempronia.

I just wondered: Is there any translation questions in the prose?

And the Roman Topics is worrying because I've been given other sheets to learn but I might mess up on the 8 mark question where you've got to compare to the modern world.
Reply 5
hmmm why is it that nobody seems to be doing paper 3, seriously, it seems im the only person on this board actually doing language 2!!?
I did language 2 last year. I never did come across any other schools that did Lang 2 with Roman Life topics...they all did the other lit text with one of those papers.
Reply 7
yeah i think the option is to do language 1, prose, verse and Roman Life, or language 1, prose, verse and language 2, but like i say, im the only person it seems doing that second option :P
purple-girl
I did language 2 last year. I never did come across any other schools that did Lang 2 with Roman Life topics...they all did the other lit text with one of those papers.

Well Im doing 1,2,3 and 5.
I am doing Lang 2 as well
yeah lang 2
i'm doing 21, 22, 23 and 24
Reply 11
PJMillar
Thank you very much.

I think Paper 1 was quite hard, though I think I did reasonably well; Paper 2 was quite easy and I think I got a good score, every single mark on the first section.

Paper 4 and 5 should be alright. I am very good on Pliny, and I'll probably just shake up Clodia and Sempronia.

I just wondered: Is there any translation questions in the prose?

And the Roman Topics is worrying because I've been given other sheets to learn but I might mess up on the 8 mark question where you've got to compare to the modern world.

i don't think there are any translation questions in the prose. i had my last lesson this morning, my teacher said there's never any direct translation questions, but often you'll have to "pick out and translate the word which shows that pliny is blahblah"
or like, give examples and translate them, of things to do with style, or detail or something.

Latest