what did you get for ppm? i got 450 000 :s-smilie:
Reply 61
planks constant questions

346kJ i think it was?

346 x 1000 =346000 this is to convert it into joules

346000/6.02x1023

=5.75x10-19
Reply 62
just realised i've done ppm wrong sorry!
Reply 63
mrgbrown89

346kJ i think it was?

346000/6.02x1023

=5.75x10-19

Yup that looks right. That was the Avogadro's constant question. The plank one was the next bit. You take the answer you just got and divide it by 6.63 x 10^(-34)
Reply 64
plank constants questions

5.75x10-19/6.63x10-34

=8.68x10^15
Reply 65
Ykljdsfdg
I revised that for chemistry by design but I panicked in the exam because there were so many conditions and stuff to remember. I was mixing it up with making alcohol from C=C - concentrated h2so4...

Yea Bakelite I remember that in storylines... I just guessed poly(ethyne) because I forgot in the exam... and some of the questions came up in past papers that I did the day before but I couldn't remember :s-smilie: I wasted like 1 week on this exam only to do worse than last year...

You don't know you have done worse, you may have done just as good or better, just not realised it.

I get confused with all the reactions and like drawing the products.

Anyway its over with, theres the 2852 paper to focus on which can improve grade.
Reply 66
mrgbrown89
it was 99.5% pure so the impurity was 100-99.5% so that gives an impurity of 0.5%. 0.5%/10000

= 5x10-5 ppm

I thought it was 99% :s

I can't actually remember what I did for most of them.... lol
Its fine, I think I have too dw

I got that for planks :smile:
Shayke
Yup that looks right. That was the Avogadro's constant question. The plank one was the next bit. You take the answer you just got and divide it by 6.63 x 10^(-34)

Did you get 8.42 x 10^14 for the avogadros constant?
Reply 69
i'm ******** it i've put the wrong answers now!
Reply 70
mrgbrown89

346kJ i think it was?

346000/6.02x1023

=5.75x10-19

Grr i think my calculator went wierd, if i put brackets round the planks constant bit i got the same answer but if i didn't i got a different one something like 5.75 x 10-27. I can't remember what one i used, do you think they would mark me completely incorrect or just error carried forward? It's sooo annoying, stupid calculator.
Reply 71
Loz17
Did you get 8.42 x 10^14 for the avogadros constant?

i think so bt i think i've done it wrong i think it's meant to to be to the power of 15 because when you divide by powers you minus them -34--19 =15
Ykljdsfdg
I revised that for chemistry by design but I panicked in the exam because there were so many conditions and stuff to remember. I was mixing it up with making alcohol from C=C - concentrated h2so4...

Yea Bakelite I remember that in storylines... I just guessed poly(ethyne) because I forgot in the exam... and some of the questions came up in past papers that I did the day before but I couldn't remember :s-smilie: I wasted like 1 week on this exam only to do worse than last year...

I put poly(ethyne) too, I've seen it in a mark scheme before. That, teflona and bakelite I've seen.

I'm sure you did ok in it, just gotta wait and see now :smile:
mrgbrown89
i think so bt i think i've done it wrong i think it's meant to to be to the power of 15 because when you divide by powers you minus them -34--19 =15

I don't remember standard form. Not done it since GCSE, and that was hardly anything. I tyed it into my calc and I got that so I just wrote it down. Just gonna have to wait and see now I guess
Reply 74
i put teflon

silver chloride is a white precipitate( remeber that from past exam)

i also got 1-triflouro,2-flouroethane?

also temp one: less molecules will have an energy greater than that of the activation enthalpy, less sucessful collisions, less collisions per unit timeslower rate of reaction (THAT WAS WEIRD THOUGH! IT WAS LIKE ASKING YOU THE OPPOSITE WITH A LOWER TEMP EXPLANATION)
Reply 75
Loz17
I don't remember standard form. Not done it since GCSE, and that was hardly anything. I tyed it into my calc and I got that so I just wrote it down. Just gonna have to wait and see now I guess

i wrote it down how you did aswell!
mrgbrown89
i wrote it down how you did aswell!

It might be ok then. Did you use calculator?

Just done it again with answers on the thead, I got 8.67 x 10^14 :s-smilie:
Reply 77
you could have poly(ethene)/ldpe/hdpe/conducting polymers/poly(ethyne)/Teflon
Reply 78
mrgbrown89
you could have poly(ethene)/ldpe/hdpe/conducting polymers/poly(ethyne)/Teflon

i was going to put hdpe, but it was in the next question... I put poly(ethyne) but crossed it out. :s-smilie:
Reply 79
mrgbrown89
i put teflon

silver chloride is a white precipitate( remeber that from past exam)

i also got 1-triflouro,2-flouroethane?

also temp one: less molecules will have an energy greater than that of the activation enthalpy, less sucessful collisions, less collisions per unit timeslower rate of reaction (THAT WAS WEIRD THOUGH! IT WAS LIKE ASKING YOU THE OPPOSITE WITH A LOWER TEMP EXPLANATION)

I was thinking about the the numbers but then it would be 1,1,1-trifluoro,2-fluroethane. I just put tetrafluoroethane which i know is wrong because how do u know whether the one with three fluoros is the first carbon, it could be the second:confused:

Latest