The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So pretty much we're all in the same position!!

I'm cramming right now for graphics, well ive been doing that all day, and now am trying to cram some french in. Oh. my.god. I'm so frightened.

And I did Marie Antoinette too!! What bullet points did you do??

Good luck everyone! I really need it!!
Reply 21
pipsqueak659
So pretty much we're all in the same position!!

I'm cramming right now for graphics, well ive been doing that all day, and now am trying to cram some french in. Oh. my.god. I'm so frightened.

And I did Marie Antoinette too!! What bullet points did you do??

Good luck everyone! I really need it!!

Yeah up until just now I was cramming for Pol on fri, I'm taking a short (yeah, sure :rolleyes:) break and will do French now... I promise.... :ninja:

what a coincidence :eek: I did them on (intro) her marriage, lavish lifestyle, diamond necklace affair, the revolution, her capture & trial and finally her execution. what were yours? How did your oral go?
My examiner (external) asked me questions on each one - which was good - I thought they'd pick one and really ask you everything about that!

I'm soooo scared:frown:
im gonna fail, how about you guys?
Reply 23
gorilla_baby
im gonna fail, how about you guys?

yes, probably
good luck :smile:
Reply 24
Don't get me started on failing... :frown:
hey, i have some 40-word stuff that needs checking, for any errors, any one available?
btw, does anyone have the jan 2008 markschemes?
Reply 27
gorilla_baby
im an A2 student so in theory my french should be a year better. will give it a shot but cannot promise it will be perfect.
"Non! Je ne crois pas que etre boulanger soit tres facile. Si je devenirais boulanger, je n'aurais plus de temps libre. En plus, je ne suis pas un personne qui peut cuire bien - pas de tout! Alors, je ne peux pas me lever plus tot aussi, ni recevoir un petit salaire!"
this is the 1st one, but without accents
the 2nd one "Les metiers qui n'inclurent pas beaucoup de travail manuel. Je ne pense pas qu'ils soient tres interessents de faire des boulets male payes. Donc les jeunes aiment travailler avec les ordinateurs."

please check them, thank you soo much
the 2nd one "Les metiers qui n'inclurent pas beaucoup de travail manuel. Je ne pense pas qu'ils soient tres interessents de faire des boulets male payes. Donc les jeunes aiment travailler avec les ordinateurs."

Vesta
Yeah up until just now I was cramming for Pol on fri, I'm taking a short (yeah, sure :rolleyes:) break and will do French now... I promise.... :ninja:

what a coincidence :eek: I did them on (intro) her marriage, lavish lifestyle, diamond necklace affair, the revolution, her capture & trial and finally her execution. what were yours? How did your oral go?
My examiner (external) asked me questions on each one - which was good - I thought they'd pick one and really ask you everything about that!

I'm soooo scared:frown:

Ha ha!! I did my presentation obviously, her childhood, her marriage her downfall ( i wasnt allowed to do the diamond necklace affair on its own!) her death and her legacy. I didnt get asked anything about her death. But overall I think it went ok... I hope!!

Ive just been over tenses like all of them with irregular verbs... arghhh!!!!

Hows everyone doing??
Reply 32
pipsqueak659
Ha ha!! I did my presentation obviously, her childhood, her marriage her downfall ( i wasnt allowed to do the diamond necklace affair on its own!) her death and her legacy. I didnt get asked anything about her death. But overall I think it went ok... I hope!!

Ive just been over tenses like all of them with irregular verbs... arghhh!!!!

Hows everyone doing??

Ahhh good good Im sure it went well! Yeah the diamond necklace was a bit of a mistake - it was really interesting but a lot to learn :s-smilie:

I STILL HAVENT STARTED REVISING. i need to stop getting distracted on MSN. :mad:
how are you learning it?
Reply 33
hie guys good luck for tomorrow. Am also takin the french paper just make sure when u get in the exam room you leave all your problem outside and go in with a fresh mind.
Reply 34
gorilla_baby
"Non! Je ne crois pas que etre boulanger soit tres facile. Si je devenirais boulanger, je n'aurais plus de temps libre. En plus, je ne suis pas un personne qui peut cuire bien - pas de tout! Alors, je ne peux pas me lever plus tot aussi, ni recevoir un petit salaire!"
this is the 1st one, but without accents

"Non! Je ne crois pas qu'etre boulanger soit tres facile. "
- que + etre = qu'etre. you don't have two vowels next to each other here.
"Si je deviendrais boulanger, je n'aurais plus de temps libre. "
- I used the conditional here. If I was to be a baker...though not 100% on this
"De plus, je ne suis pas une personne qui peut..."
- De plus, not en plus.
- personne is a feminine word here so you would use 'une'?
- I would be more tempted to rephrase this sentence? perhaps "je ne peux pas cuire bien" - "i am not able to bake well"? double check this if you can, it seems a simpler way to say this, if this is the message you are trying to convey here.
"Finalement, je ne peux pas me réveiller plus tot, ou gagner un petit salaire"
- maybe finalement, (finally), to 'sum up' this little paragraph? just a thought.
je ne peux pas + infinitive. therefore (personally) i would use "ou" (or), plus the infinitive again, as it is still being referred to by the action peux
- gagner is more commonly used when speaking about earning money.

dont take this word for word; as I said, I'm only an A2 student but sometimes it can be of use. will do the others in a bit
Reply 35
I haven't done any revision either! My teacher said I definately got an A on the oral so hopefully I should do alright. Some people seem to prepare thouroughly for the writing, but I prefer to just make it up on the day. Good luck to everyone sitting this exam!
Reply 36
it's morning, right?

i don't want to miss it. :indiff:
Vesta
Ahhh good good Im sure it went well! Yeah the diamond necklace was a bit of a mistake - it was really interesting but a lot to learn :s-smilie:

I STILL HAVENT STARTED REVISING. i need to stop getting distracted on MSN. :mad:
how are you learning it?

Yeah, it was very interesting, bit of a tough life really wasnt it!

Umm right now im on youtube.fr listening to some calming french music, and going over grammar which ive realised is very rusty!! What are you doing? Im stressed out to the max!!!:mad:
Reply 38
gorilla_baby

I'm not sure this makes that much sense... "The jobs don't include much manual labour. So I don't think they are interesting to do badly paid jobs. So young people like to work wiith computers.

1. n'inclurent -> n'incluent
2. interessent -> intéressant (assuming that is what you mean)
3. boulet -> I assume you mean boulot (job)
4. male -> mal
5. when writing make sure you remember the accent on payés

I'm not sure, but in the second sentence did you want to say "I don't think they [young people?] are interested in badly paid jobs"? If so, then it would be something like "Ils ne veulent pas faire des boulots mal payés".
"tearoses" thanks soo much, very helpful..tell me if you can do more, and there's the 2nd one...
thanks once again...

and to everyone, is it better to do a listening practice and some grammar, or is it important to practice the reading paper?

Latest