The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You have to wait until 4.30pm until you can discuss the exam.
Reply 21
can we discuss the exam yet?
Reply 22
yessss even I wanttt tooo
Reply 23
I think you can now...it is well over 12 hours.
njds13
yessss even I wanttt tooo

So how did everyone find it!!!! :O
Reply 25
Not bad I should say. Was way easier than PHY 3.
Reply 26
I'm confused :smile:
Is this the A2 Edexcel or something different? I always have trouble telling the difference. :frown:
Reply 27
It is the A2 Edexcel I am talking about.
Reply 28
lol sorry I've just realised that was a stupid question. :biggrin:
How did you find the questions then?
Reply 29
Not bad as I have mentioned before. The question on waves, stationary waves and stuff was a bit confusing IMHO. Planning was good., and so was the capacitor and spring question.

Overall way better than PHY 3.
Reply 30
I had time problems but otherwise wasn't so bad. Didn't particularly like the planning question either, I have huge issues with planning. tbh I think I did quite badly. Out of interest, what did you put for the plan? My friends got completely different than me. :frown:
Reply 31
It was a solenoid and Hall probe along with sensor for planning. My diagram wasnt as neat as it should have been, but well perhaps its ok. The graph was also easy, no log or ln to be used, though the last question was tricky. Was the central value twice the value of the end? I took values from the graph and got it 20 times more !
Reply 32
ssat17
It was a solenoid and Hall probe along with sensor for planning. My diagram wasnt as neat as it should have been, but well perhaps its ok. The graph was also easy, no log or ln to be used, though the last question was tricky. Was the central value twice the value of the end? I took values from the graph and got it 20 times more !

Haha strangely enough I got it pretty much 20 times too. Doesn't sound like I got exactly the same as you for the plan, but oh well, I'm slightly happier now. :p:
Reply 33
Re: Edexcel Physics Practical (Unit 5)

I think wut u did is perfectly correct...as long as u have indicated that u have placed the hall probe parallel to the magnetic field
nermin
Re: Edexcel Physics Practical (Unit 5)

I think wut u did is perfectly correct...as long as u have indicated that u have placed the hall probe parallel to the magnetic field

Hall probe should be at 90 degrees to the magnetic field, no?

I couldnt think of enough points to say for that question - what were each of the marks for :O :frown: :frown:
Reply 35
sorry ure right ...wut i meant was perpendicular...so there u go...therz nothin to worry about.....apologies again
Reply 36
AlphaWulf
Haha strangely enough I got it pretty much 20 times too. Doesn't sound like I got exactly the same as you for the plan, but oh well, I'm slightly happier now. :p:

Lol....actually that makes me happier too....what with some of my mates getting it as exactly the half :confused: well i better not think about it.
Reply 37
nermin
sorry ure right ...wut i meant was perpendicular...so there u go...therz nothin to worry about.....apologies again

yep i did put it perpendicular...not sure about the sensore though :s-smilie:
Reply 38
wasnt the planning question similar to another one a few years ago?
Reply 39
about the sensor...it should be placed across the width of the Hall strip....since the power supply should be along the length

Latest