The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I am!! yeah, I'm worried about it too, mainly because I've also got a biology and a geography exam on the same day.
Also the part where you have to write a letter/article worries me a bit.I'm not sure what to revise for it either.
:smile:
Reply 2
What's My Name?
I am!! yeah, I'm worried about it too, mainly because I've also got a biology and a geography exam on the same day.
Also the part where you have to write a letter/article worries me a bit.I'm not sure what to revise for it either.

Ouch! Good luck with that!

Yeah the 160-worders freak me out a bit too. They're not bad if you have enough vocab on the subject and know what to say, but they're a complete nightmare if you have no idea what to say!

I'm just going over my grammar (I am still hopeless at verb conjugations :frown:) and I'm going to do some practice questions soon, as well as practising the 40-worders you get in the listening papers.
Heya! I did this exam two years ago, so my advice would be: keep cool, make sure you read the questions carefully, make sure your headphones are working and if they aren't, change asap and try and use the subjunctive tense in the writing paper, it looks good!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Heya! I did this exam two years ago, so my advise would be to keep cool, make sure you read the questions carefully, make sure your headphones are working and if they aren't, change asap and try and use the subjunctive tense in the writing paper, it looks good!

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks, thats good advice. Just out of interest, what did you get in the end?
No problem :smile: I got an A for AS (literally two or three marks over the boundary line, eeek! :s-smilie: ) and a B for A2. They didn't like my oral or my coursework at A2 :s-smilie:

Also, with the Listening paper, try and listen to the whole extract through at least once before you try and answer any of the questions. I found that much more helpful and it made it easier to understand what was being said, because they tend to use regional accents or people who mumble :s-smilie:

Listen out for key words in the Listening, but listen very carefully. Edexcel like to confuse you by having the person speaking make a statement that contradicts the question you are trying to answer. Don't tick any boxes/write "Oui" or "non" just because you hear the keyword in the answer :smile:
Reply 6
scaryhair
Ouch! Good luck with that!

Yeah the 160-worders freak me out a bit too. They're not bad if you have enough vocab on the subject and know what to say, but they're a complete nightmare if you have no idea what to say!

I'm just going over my grammar (I am still hopeless at verb conjugations :frown:) and I'm going to do some practice questions soon, as well as practising the 40-worders you get in the listening papers.

good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending