The Student Room Group

Can i defer and reapply next year, but keep my current offers?

I've got an offer from LSE, and i think i want to go there, but i'd like to take a gap year. Could i defer my place there (assuming they let me), and yet reapply to other universities during my gap year? or would i have to cancel my choice of LSE as a firm"

Many thanks in advance for replies
You can't defer and reapply, so you'd definately have to cancel your LSE offer.
ok thanks
hmmm are u sure?

I mean, its not regulation, but cant you just strike a deal with LSE and UCAS and all the other Unis u wanna apply to after tha gap year?

And what course wavo_o? Itd better not be Econ, Law or Acc+Fin, how dare you think of rejecting LSE for those lol....
Contact the uni, they may let you defer a year. Mine does.
holla_at_ya
hmmm are u sure?

I mean, its not regulation, but cant you just strike a deal with LSE and UCAS and all the other Unis u wanna apply to after tha gap year?

And what course wavo_o? Itd better not be Econ, Law or Acc+Fin, how dare you think of rejecting LSE for those lol....

Strike a deal with LSE? As in "Hi, can you keep my space free while I apply to a better university?" :rolleyes:
Reply 6
holla_at_ya

No.
holla_at_ya
hmmm are u sure?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

I got an offer for philosophy and economics. LSE's a great place, it's just I really wanted to go to Oxford. But if i'd lose my LSE offer it probably isn't worth the risk of reapplying.
Reply 8
I'll say it again: this is not a deal that can be struck, and if you try you will get a dusty answer.
Reply 9
No, you cannot do this. You can defer OR reapply, not both. If you could really do this then everyone would do it.
Reply 10
wave_o_mutilation
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

I got an offer for philosophy and economics. LSE's a great place, it's just I really wanted to go to Oxford. But if i'd lose my LSE offer it probably isn't worth the risk of reapplying.

If you really wanted to go to oxford, why didnt you apply there in the first place!
Reply 11
hannie555
If you really wanted to go to oxford, why didnt you apply there in the first place!
Maybe he did, and was unsuccessful?
Reply 12
hannie555

Sometimes people apply without thinking... or think they've made the right decision then change their minds
Reply 13
Minerva
Maybe he did, and was unsuccessful?

well, then there is a reason why he was unsuccessful and needs to sort that out before applying again
I did apply to Oxford but was rejected. You raise a good point hannie because there may be good reasons why i didn't get in. I think LSE is a fantastic place anyway; i'll be happy there.

Latest

Trending

Trending