The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Not applying nor there, but the town is lovely.. apart from there are some nasty gangs around. Really quite nice shopping centre, which is reasonably new. The station and bus station is in the centre of town, so not a long distance away. It is quite a nice popular city. But don't know about the uni, sorry.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
ladydeborah
Not applying nor there, but the town is lovely.. apart from there are some nasty gangs around. Really quite nice shopping centre, which is reasonably new. The station and bus station is in the centre of town, so not a long distance away. It is quite a nice popular city. But don't know about the uni, sorry.

thanks for your help!
Yeh i've put it down as one of my choices i'm doing Pol & International Relations.
Just received an unconditional offer to read law there next year :smile: Why isn't there a southampton subforum??
Reply 5
I'm at Soton! :biggrin: I love the new subforum ^_^ I joined once I saw it had been set up! :smile: I chose to go to Soton because I really liked the feel of the town, and the campuses...they're so green! :smile:
Reply 6
Well i think its crap. With its lovely shopping centre, respected uni, cheap drinks, nice campuses. I can't see why anyone would want to study there.

Oops.
Reply 7
i used to live in southampton so if you would like to know some nice places to go on your days off let me know!
Reply 8
Thanks, Pencil Queen! :biggrin: I'm studying English there ^_^ I've met lots of people on my course who are really friendly! :smile:
Reply 9
The town is nice, West Quay in particular, you have to experience the delights of Leisure World..a big shed with clubs and bars, taxis are cheap for nights out, the union is excellent with 3 bars, a club and a cinema, there is something for everyone, wonderful sports facilities (just not enough time to use them if you're me/lazy). I'm in my 1st year doing Economics and have not had a bad day here yet, fingers crossed. The people are very friendly, lecturers and staff are generally very helpful and the accommodation staff are lovely.
Reply 10
Hey i got an unconditional offer to study Computer Engineering.
Anyone doing that? how's the program?

Latest

Trending

Trending