The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

3107a
This exam is sooo hard :frown:

I really hope the questions tomorrow are really nice, so in drama and novel it's character question :biggrin:

And in the poetry they pick la belle dame sans merci and not one Shakespeare's sonnets :frown:

GAH!!! 2hrs 15 mins of hell tomorrow...

It's 1 hr 45 mins. I wish we had an extra half hour, it's so hard writing such a lot in the time given.
General things that I always follow:

- Have an essay structure in mind before starting
- Be as concise as possible, PEE etc
- Don't just quote, refer to the language in the quote and show off what linguistic terms you know, eg, "Catrin", "Red rope of love", why is it red, what the colour means.
- Make a point about structure where possible
- Always relate every point to the question, explicitly.

Hopefully there will be question suited to what I know best, choice of 3 for the prose and poetry - I like those odds =P
moody28028
It's 1 hr 45 mins. I wish we had an extra half hour, it's so hard writing such a lot in the time given.

It's 2 hrs 15 mins. Ours is 9.10 to 11.25.
Ours is 1hr 45 I think.
aqa is 105 minutes according to my exam time table..^ so yeah your right
moody28028

Out of interest, why aren't you doing a maths gcse :s-smilie:
I think the exam will be ok... i'm only slightly more worried about An Inspector Calls because i don't really understand the book as a whole! I guess you just have to study the main characters, themes and social aspects of the book and link it back to the question.

I got an A in the mock without reading the books in detail (except for once with the teacher) so it can't be that difficult. :wink:
Reply 27
for the mice and men does anyone have a list of all the different times stienbeck does that werid thing where he decribes somewhere and it prepare's the readers for events, and shows characters and stuff??????
Good luck everyone!
Reply 29
mobile_geek
Just write "coherently" as my English teacher would put it.

i don't even know what that means!
koonergs
i don't even know what that means!

Just write logically, in a way that is understandable to any examiner.
Reply 31
upside down chinese it is then
Indeed!
I'm not that worried about Lord of the Flies, just the poetry, I'm getting really confused trying to remember all the metaphors and similies ect. in each poem and what they symbolise =[ And I'm worried about running out of time (I didn't have time to do a conclusion in my mock)
Reply 34
does anyone get the poem "homecoming"
Reply 35
It's my friends birthday tomorrow too.
I've just been revising this for about 3 hours.. stopping now as I also have 3 other exams to revise for tomorrow.
It'll be fine. All depends on the questions though tbh. I'm hoping it'll be something easy. But I'm not that worried about this exam, and its only part of the final mark so don't get too worked up about it

good luck

xx
jelly1000
I'm not that worried about Lord of the Flies, just the poetry, I'm getting really confused trying to remember all the metaphors and similies ect. in each poem and what they symbolise =[ And I'm worried about running out of time (I didn't have time to do a conclusion in my mock)

Apparantly a conclusion is more necessary than an intro, so if you think you won't have time, just skip the intro. My teacher has shown me two pieces so far, which haven't had an intro yet achieved an A*.
I'm dreading this exam! I'm more prepared for it than I was for the mock, though; I got a D in the mock and I'll be happy if I get a C or above in the real thing.
At least most of your teachers have actually prepared you for the exam tomorrow! All mine has done is just read the poems and short stories and speak really really fast about them using words that no one understands! So yeh, tomorrow's exam is going to be pretty tough for me and the rest of my class =]
i am soo scared about this exam wer doin the WJEC english lit which is 2hr 30mins :redface:
n doin about an inspector calls which is the wierdest play ever !! dont get it at all .. but tryna revise it an enjoyin the videos on bbc bitesize which r pretty funny lol
need 2 do good in this exam cos ive got a C in my coursework n im predicted an A ? not gonna happen but i can hope!
good luck everyonee xxx

Latest