The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

How did you find that out?? I cant find any info anywhere and no one from opito or the college have been in touch yet about where I am meant to be going... I start in less than 4 weeks haha bit shady!?
i found that out when i started here last september photos can be found here http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/gallery/album3/
Original post by someguyforoneguy
i found that out when i started here last september photos can be found here http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/gallery/album3/

Thanks for the info ! Ou of interest which discipline are you doing ? How are you finding it ?
Anyone still looking for an apprenticeship or wondering what their really like have a look at these reviews from current apprentices at a range of companies including Jaguar Land Rover, BBC, PwC and IBM. I'd also recommend for anyone in the process of applying to read through the tips/recommendations on RateMyApprenticeship.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Flick
A tip from the wise. Make friends on the first few days or else you will be a lonely person for the next 21 months. That is what happened to me and all I do is sit there in silence wishing I had made friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by getmoney
A tip from the wise. Make friends on the first few days or else you will be a lonely person for the next 21 months. That is what happened to me and all I do is sit there in silence wishing I had made friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude. That's depressing. Go out and join a sports team or chat to your neighbours.
Anyone staying in Falkirk and going to Forth Valley? Been accepted last wednesday by Petrofac and now waiting on a date being sorted for my medical and my contract is in the post. want to see who else is going to be at Forth Valley?
Has anyone been in contact with the people in charge of accomodation/sorted out accomodation details etc yet?
Original post by rawsam77
Has anyone been in contact with the people in charge of accomodation/sorted out accomodation details etc yet?

I still have no idea yet. Called to confirm that I will need 7day accommodation.. And heard nothing back.
Original post by rawsam77

I'm in Edinburgh. Accommodation is sorted. Report at 1pm on the 31st. Will get contacted by the college shortly about deposit. Rooms available 7 days but they'll only give me a food allowance for 5 seeing as I'm about an hour and a half drive away.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Secret Rider
In Aberdeen not heard anything yet either.

im the same, called a week and a bit ago and was told they had me down for 5 days (but i live quite a bit away from Aberdeen so id assume im in the same boat as Kenny222) so i guess it'll just be another waiting game :frown:
Original post by kenny222
I'm in Edinburgh. Accommodation is sorted. Report at 1pm on the 31st. Will get contacted by the college shortly about deposit. Rooms available 7 days but they'll only give me a food allowance for 5 seeing as I'm about an hour and a half drive away.

I'm in Edinburgh too. Phoned up yesterday to sort out the accommodation. I'm in Aberdeenshire but just get the 5 days food allowance cause I'm in Scotland. Just got to wait for Edinburgh college to get in contact now
Hi Guys,

What was the name of your interviewer? Trying to remember the guy who done my interview.
Original post by rhyscooper96
I'm edinburgh as well. Just want all the details so I can get everything planned/sorted. I'm aberdeenshire aw well (peterhead). Whereabouts are you from?

I know im the same, don't have much time to get everything sorted either haha. I'm out in new pitsligo
Original post by kylesmith1997
I know im the same, don't have much time to get everything sorted either haha. I'm out in new pitsligo

I'm sure everything will work out ok. See you down there.
Hi , I have been accepted to do electrical at Aberdeen and waiting patiently for info on accommodation etc too. Anyone else on here doing same? Out of curiosity does anyone know how much people eventually get in to their chosen apprenticeship ? Just wondering how much will be on my course?
Original post by Maisiegogs
Hi , I have been accepted to do electrical at Aberdeen and waiting patiently for info on accommodation etc too. Anyone else on here doing same? Out of curiosity does anyone know how much people eventually get in to their chosen apprenticeship ? Just wondering how much will be on my course?

You will be in aberdeen Johnston halls. Life here is of the hugest quality! There's probably like 20-30 doing electrical. But not all of them will be in the same class. Hope that helps. Look forward to meeting you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by getmoney
You will be in aberdeen Johnston halls. Life here is of the hugest quality! There's probably like 20-30 doing electrical. But not all of them will be in the same class. Hope that helps. Look forward to meeting you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious mate, how does everyone get to the college cause it seems pretty far away. Do people get the bus or just get lifts with each other/those with cars?
Everyone just car shares from halls to college. Going rate is £5 petrol per person a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending