The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sean1390
hey there geezajob I am the same as you I was on the reserve list last year and this year I never got past the initial application tried phoning maureen but all I ever get is her voice mail have you heard back from her?

Not heard back yet. Wow, didn't think there would be anyone else in the same boat as me for this. Pretty bad management tbh if this is happening. I wonder how many others there are this has happened to.

What have you done since last august from being on the reserve list? did you go to college?
Submitted an application on Monday and got an email yesterday saying I have been initially accepted and will hear back for a date for an aptitude test. I've already been to uni for 2 years but decided I'd like to go offshore instead. For anyone that's done the aptitude is it pretty straight forward and if you pass this what is the next stage; an interview?

Is the pay still £80 per week if you are over 21? Pretty basic wages but suppose not too bad if digs and food is paid for. Does the college course still run in Falkirk or is it in Aberdeen. Falkirk would be easier for me as I could drive and wouldn't have to move away, regardless if it was in Aberdeen I'd move up there anyway. Good luck to everyone.
Hi there,

Well done for getting that far already!

Good luck with the interview - if you need some tips and advice then check out our advices pages on www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk

All the best,

Amit
Does anyone know what colleges you can study at on the scheme, are there any in glasgow or is it only Aberdeen? Cheers.
Original post by Geezajob
Had the worst day, got an email form OPITO saying my initial application is rejected because I don't meet the entry requirements...
I was on the reserve list last year and done an NC in engineering to help me get in this year ffs

hopefully when I phone them on monday I can wiggle myself back in

thats pretty strange as the minimum requirements are only standard grade credit in maths english and a science, hope you get it sorted
Original post by Dale-72
Submitted an application on Monday and got an email yesterday saying I have been initially accepted and will hear back for a date for an aptitude test. I've already been to uni for 2 years but decided I'd like to go offshore instead. For anyone that's done the aptitude is it pretty straight forward and if you pass this what is the next stage; an interview?

Is the pay still £80 per week if you are over 21? Pretty basic wages but suppose not too bad if digs and food is paid for. Does the college course still run in Falkirk or is it in Aberdeen. Falkirk would be easier for me as I could drive and wouldn't have to move away, regardless if it was in Aberdeen I'd move up there anyway. Good luck to everyone.

Don't know anything about the pay but I got through to the interview a couple of years back and didn't get in because I didn't have enough experience basically. The aptitude test was fine though if you think logically you should be sound! It's nothing too difficult.
Good luck with the next couple of stages!
Was in the reserve list last year and failed initial stage this year!
Original post by kanebuckthorpe
Was in the reserve list last year and failed initial stage this year!

did they give you a reason why? i take it that your grades were good enough?
I submitted my application over two weeks ago but haven't heard back yet.

I never got an email confirmation of it being submitted, should I have?

Do you reckon I should give them a call and ask for an update of my apications progression?
Original post by Charliemike
I submitted my application over two weeks ago but haven't heard back yet.

I never got an email confirmation of it being submitted, should I have?

Do you reckon I should give them a call and ask for an update of my apications progression?

I didn't get an email confirmation it just said I would hear something within 2 weeks once I'd submitted my application. Could always give them a call I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm
Just got an email today saying I'd been accepted for the test any ideas when it will be as I'm still at school?, and also any lads near or around the area of tayside/aberdeenshire area applying? Would be gid to get to know some of my possible mates in a few months if I manage to get through the process!
Haven't had any confirmation or conatct from them since sending my application, should I be worried or is it just taking longer.
It says you should hear within two weeks. If it's been over two weeks since you submitted your application then maybe give them a call.
Original post by Benjo23Hbv
Haven't had any confirmation or conatct from them since sending my application, should I be worried or is it just taking longer.

Was only around a week for me but I suppose if it's been over 2 weeks there would be no harm in ringing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email of acceptance of my application, really worried about being like the only girl haha, i've put instrument and control maintenence as my first choice, any interview tips anyone im feeling quite confident about the aptitude test though?! Also does anyone know where i'd be most likely to study?
Anyone heard about their aptitude test yet?
Hi guys, has anyone received information on aptitude test dates? Also, has anyone else recieved an email saying they have been forwarded to the ECITB course? :smile:
I've got my aptitude test soon. I applied to ECITB too but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Charliemike
I've got my aptitude test soon. I applied to ECITB too but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

When did you find out when your aptitude test was? I haven't heard anything yet.
End of last week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending