The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NameAlreadyTaken
Had my test on Tuesday and heard back yesterday. Passed. Strange but of luck it was the exact same test I had last year ������

:smile:
Original post by NameAlreadyTaken
:smile:

Ah right well done, did the maths part involve interpreting date in tables or was it just mental maths?
Don't think we can go into too much details about what's in the test but there's a calculator test and a non calculator test
does anyone know the wage for this apprenticeship?
1st year you get ~£400 a month, 2nd year you either get ~£700 or ~£900 a month depending if your over 21, 3rd year you get £12k onshore £16.4k offshore and 4th year you get £14.5k onshore and £19.7k offshore
Any idea what the Company Assessment day (final stage) includes?
HI their has anybody already had their interview? I had mine at the end of April and im waiting to hear back but im aware that it can take a long time I tried last year and passed all 5 tests and had an interview only to find out I got put on the reserve list. I got told to go and gain more experience this year I hope can be my year I was gutted last year.
I had my interview on Monday. Was told they would make a decision around the end of June/start of July. I think it was nearer August before I was told I was on the reserve list last year
Where are all the colleges that OPITO have you study at?
This year evertything apart from instrument was in Aberdeen. Instrument was in Edinburgh. I presume it will be the same.
Had my test a couple of weeks back and passed. Been told that I will find out my interview date soon. Anyone know if the interview is that last stage of the application?
I was told on my interview Falkirk Aberdeen or Edinburgh would be where college would be. Depending on which course you take. And the next stage of the process after interview is a medical then you will be offered a place.
Ah great, have you got any advice for the interview? In regards to what sorts of questions they asked you?
Not really allowed to say I'm afraid. It's not a grilling though and quite laid back compared to other interviews.
they will ask you what you know about the industry and why you want to work in the industry etc and if they ask you to go for a medical it means that you have a place as long as you pass the medical
Hey does anyone know when the course starts if you get an offer?
Original post by whyte91
Hey does anyone know when the course starts if you get an offer?

first week of September usually
Anyone had any kind of offer yet? Medical/place?
I had my medical last week and I passed. Does this mean I'm in? When should I hear?
Original post by Milno97
I had my medical last week and I passed. Does this mean I'm in? When should I hear?

Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending