The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
I plan on moving in on Saturday to settle in, anyone else coming on Sat too? Could get a few of us together to go for a few pints or something to get to know everyone
I'll be travelling up on the Saturday too providing I find out what accommodation I'm in haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be up on the Saturday keen for a few pints
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm doing Electrical in Aberdeen too, going up on the Saturday too, would be good to have a pint or two at somepoint!
Reply 3344
If anyone want to add me on facebook so its a bit easier here's mine

https://www.facebook.com/greg.thomson.334

See you's up there
Although I highly doubt I'll get an answer on this seen as how the forum has been dead for half a year.. Could anyone give me any advice on what the questions are like in the interview? Is it just the one interviewer or a panel?
Reply 3346
Have you already had your aptitude test? I'm still waiting for a date for mine, beginning to get a little worried.
Original post by AMatth
Have you already had your aptitude test? I'm still waiting for a date for mine, beginning to get a little worried.

Yeah mate about a month ago.. I wouldn't worry about it as there is so many applicants for Opito it will take some time to get through everyone
Reply 3348
Cheers for the reply pal. I had an email a month ago saying they'd accepted my application and they'll be in touch with a date for the aptitude tests. I think I did read on this thread somewhere that they do it by region, I guess time will tell.
Original post by geordieboys
Yeah mate about a month ago.. I wouldn't worry about it as there is so many applicants for Opito it will take some time to get through everyone

That was quick, I guess you live in Scotland, I've got the test tomorrow in Middlesbrough! Hope the mechanical section of the test is easy lol

How long did you wait before you found out if you'd passed the test or not?
Original post by Fillory
That was quick, I guess you live in Scotland, I've got the test tomorrow in Middlesbrough! Hope the mechanical section of the test is easy lol

How long did you wait before you found out if you'd passed the test or not?

I sure do mate.. The mechanical part of it ain't that hard, really just common sense.

They got back to me 2 weeks after but they say to wait 3 weeks before getting in touch with them.
I sure do mate.. The mechanical part of it ain't that hard, really just common sense.

They got back to me 2 weeks after but they say to wait 3 weeks before getting in touch with them.

Thanks for the reply, the mechanical was definitely the toughest one for me, sometimes I find them quite counter intuitive and I felt like I was guessing most of the time lol, but hopefully I did enough to pass. I thought there would be more people taking the exam but there was only about 10!

Is your interview soon?
Reply 3352
What did you wear for the aptitude test, just kept it smart casual?

And I don't suppose you did the online mechanical tests that the OGTAP website linked you to? Are they anything like that?
Original post by Fillory
Thanks for the reply, the mechanical was definitely the toughest one for me, sometimes I find them quite counter intuitive and I felt like I was guessing most of the time lol, but hopefully I did enough to pass. I thought there would be more people taking the exam but there was only about 10!

Is your interview soon?

Fingers crossed for you mate.. Aye if anything let me down it would of probably been mechanical and the non calc maths to be fair.

Nothing yet, been driving me mad but just need to wait it out
Original post by AMatth

And I don't suppose you did the online mechanical tests that the OGTAP website linked you to? Are they anything like that?

Just casual mate.. They aren't there to judge looks during aptitude tests just judge results.

If it's a link to the jobtestprep website then yeah the practice tests are pretty much the same
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AMatth

Everything geordieboys mentioned I would agree with

Fingers crossed for you mate.. Aye if anything let me down it would of probably been mechanical and the non calc maths to be fair.

Nothing yet, been driving me mad but just need to wait it out

I passed :biggrin: ! Just read the email today but it turns out they sent it on Tuesday, so quicker than they said they would

No interview date for me either, it says a few weeks in the email but I expect you'd probably get your invite before mine
Original post by Fillory
Everything geordieboys mentioned I would agree with

I passed :biggrin: ! Just read the email today but it turns out they sent it on Tuesday, so quicker than they said they would

No interview date for me either, it says a few weeks in the email but I expect you'd probably get your invite before mine

Sorry mate I've just seen this.. Well done on passing the aptitude! I just got my date for the interview yesterday for the 25th.. You heard anything?
Where did you take test? Passed tests in Norwich and now waiting for interview date. Thanks
Where do you live then re interview. Been told maybe several weeks. Did tests in Norwich.
Anyone else? Anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending