The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

The applications are still open until next Friday
Reply 61
haha ano i hate the way we know nothink, this is a life changing course for people like us, coz we have to move away from home innit ,
well dont get told much either ie holidays and things like that. we dont even get told of class changes. college is mon- fri 9 am to 4.45pm. but we can get away early if we finish class. app test is easy its just basic questions and not that difficult. theres already a guy from newcastle in my class. there is one ecitb mechnical class so yes you and your mate will be together. you will be waiting a while think i was about a month or so. the course dosent start untill agust/october. i think i found out i had the job june/july.
What's initial acceptance on the scheme ?
think its something like 2000 - 2500
wallace - ECITB
think its something like 2000 - 2500

Sorry I meant to say what does "notifying you of your initial acceptance on to the scheme."
Mean ?

Thanks
Hi

Im new to this site and thinking of doing the OPITO Apprenticeship.
However, I cant find any clear information on what benefits (money) I would recieve.
Do we get the standard apprentice allowance £90 a week? I read we get meals and accomodation paid for is this true?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to work out if I is finicially viable for me
Reply 67
one thing that bothers me, how true is it that one cant apply for a grant if one is with ecitb? also they really are taking they time, i live down south and applied in january and still waiting for the aptitude test, I hope i get in
It’s £80 a week. And yes all accommodation and breakfast and dinner are paid for. You get your bus/train/plane fair and 25p a mile if you drive.

You can't get a grant. You’re employed not a student you’re not entitled to one.

You will be waiting a while because they wait until all the exams are done so as not to interrupt the exam times. Remember the course doesn’t start until end of august.
HigherComputing
Sorry I meant to say what does "notifying you of your initial acceptance on to the scheme."
Mean ?

Thanks

cant find where i had wrote this lol. i think i meant when you are told you are onto the next stage ie aptitude test
Thanks for clearing that up Wallace. Its a very attractive package I think I will send my application in this weekend.

However is there an upper age limit? As I know alot of apprenticeships are only open to 16-18yr olds and again the website doesn't give too much information
I'd be quick you've got 6 days
I know it closes this Friday, 6 days is plenty of time 1st class it will be there by Weds at the latest.
Reply 73
still excited for this like lads! can't help but find the whole package exciting. the sooner i find out if i am in, the better though. think i know a lot of info now from this forum. 5 hours (according to google maps) between aberdeen and newcastle, and OPITO stated on their site that the instrument tech course is aberdeen. Going to be quite some drive :P
Reply 74
Instrument techs are in Edinburgh Josh, so you can cut 2 and a bit hours of that travel time.
Got ma app test on the 22nd of April in Glasgow :smile: Anyone else going for that test ?
Reply 76
i sat my OPITO apptitude test on the 1st of April and passed :smile: Has anyone else who's passed heard back about when their interview is
I think i am on to the aptitude tests hopefully I'm doing the one on the 22nd of April :smile:
Reply 78
should u ware a suit for the interview? im thinking about it but am not sure?
Reply 79
No grant even if it were opito?

Quick Reply

Latest