Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so bothered about getting a grant, the money you get every month is enough to see you through the month and you also get a 50 quid food allowance a week if you stay away from home but if you stay at home your still entitled to a 10 quid allowance for your lunch each week. If you are so concerned about getting a grant though you could look into gettin a loan in 2nd year when your studying your HNC as your entitled to one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that cu123!! also, has everyone received their letter telling them when their aptitude test will be? the only thing ive received is the letter telling me ive passed the first stage
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yip, got mine in Glasgow on the 22nd, anyone else on hear heard back, or done their test?

Charez
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive had a email telling me im onto the next stage
    and that more was to come
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The reason i am so interested in the grant is because i have all sorts of overheads
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know how much your salary is as soon as you finish your 2 years college?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^^ 16500 when your in 3rd year and just under 20000 in 4th year. They will be slightly less if your onshore though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So its £90 a week ?
    Plus transport and food

Then 3rd year its 16500 and 4rth
    20000?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just gotten off the phone with the apprenticeship co-ordinator. apparantly, they sort dates for aptitude tests by region. They plan on giving my area (newcastle) their dates within the next 3 weeks or so, but theyre atill doing sctolands now. hopefully this will help anybody who hasn't received a date yet, or maybe thats just me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i live in scotland and i don't have my intervbiew through yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cu123 do you work for opito? how can you be entiltled to a grant if your employed? not being cheecky im wondering myself?

and tbh for people that are getting hung up about a grant its not a bid deal id be doing my course for nothing its well worth the career.

all ecitb get is 80 quid a week. plus travel and thats it. no food allowance but brekkie and dinners paid if u stay at hotel and mechanical and instrument are at falkirk.

yes buy a suit its a formal interview and a good impression counts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Say I get this apprenticeship
    Do you get to come home ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aye wallace i work for opito. Im good mates with Chris who is on the ECITB course with you. Im not entitled to a grant, but i am entitled to a loan(obviously has to be paid back) just like anyone else who is taking a HNC.

Dont worry about a loan or grant people, the money you get from the company is enough to see you through the month.

Yes you get to travel home every weekend if you want, but opito only pay for you to travel home 4 times a year, so you will have to fund the travel home yourself for any other times you plan a trip home.

And for the guy asking about wearing a suit i would 100% recommend you wear a suit, this is a proper job your going for and first impressions always count. Everyone who i go to college with atleast wore a shirt and tie with trousers and black polished shoes, many also chose to wear a suit jacket aswell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cu123, do you get anything put towards your travel home? it was mentioned earlier that if you come home every weekend and youre driving, you get 25p per mile?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Josh, you get 4 trips home each year paid for by opito. Any other times you choose to go home you have to fund it with your own money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    but what does the salary go up to after 4 years?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cu123)
    ^^ 16500 when your in 3rd year and just under 20000 in 4th year. They will be slightly less if your onshore though.
    Also will we be able to take advantage of the offshore "tax" rate?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    90 a week ?
    when your at college ?
    Thats not much :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    90 a week when your at college is good money, and there paying for your accomadation and food, if thats not enough for you then get a part time job. oh and i had my interview today in aberdeen and it went pritty good i think.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's actually 80 quid a week. You also get accomadation and food paid, imo that is not a bad deal like.

Hope you hear good news danz!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 22, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.