Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameismark87)
    Cheers, I'm so nervous about the test just because I want the apprenticeship so bad! My first choice was instrument. In the mechanical test is there any shop arithmetic like finding out areas and amount of waste materials etc? Also what did you use to revise for these tests?
    u'll be fine, everything is basic, google psychometric success and shl; shl is a lot harder but it helps ur mental state (kind of) i won't tell u exactly what was in it cos that'll give u advantage over me :P Are u still with OPITO or have been moved to ECITB?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still with OPITO. I've been looking at the psychometric success site and their example questions. Would you say the tests are closer to the psychometric success tests or the shl ones? I just don't want to waste my time looking at ones if they aren't anything like the ones I will be doing just before I buy the psychometric success papers to practice haha
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still with OPITO. I've been looking at the psychometric success site and their example questions. Would you say the tests are closer to the psychometric success tests or the shl ones? I just don't want to waste my time looking at ones if they aren't anything like the ones I will be doing just before I buy the psychometric success papers to practice haha
    they look more like the psychometric success tests, good luck
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenny222)
    Yeah. I'm in Aberdeen on Monday. I gave them a ring today just to ask whether I'd need a scientific calculator as I wasn't sure if it'd involve exponentials and logarithms. But it doesn't. Anyway, I'm extremely confident. See you all there with bells on.
    And Damilola, you're obviously very enthusiastic and keen to get a position. If they don't see that quality in you then they're missing out. Most companies would kill for someone with that attitude.
    thanks man let's hope they realise that

And good luck for monday
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How long is it until you find out your results from the tests? Also thank you for being so helpful, has put me more at ease with what to expect
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    How long is it until you find out your results from the tests? Also thank you for being so helpful, has put me more at ease with what to expect
    the man said a week or less, last year i got it 2 days after it's ok, u're welcome
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't received the details for the aptitude test
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone getting the train from Edinburgh at half 10 tomorrow going to Aberdeen for the test?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    starts at 10?,
    they must be doing alot of aptitude tests, mine doesn't start till 2.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what happened at ur tests today ppl? How did it go?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @WKing. I received a letter notifying me that my application has been forwarded to ecitb a few weeks ago. It can be between 4-10 weeks before you get the test dates.

@Kenny222.....you wont be the oldest there mate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind giving a brief explanation of the "processor" style questions? A few people have said its a slight stumbling point.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind giving a brief explanation of the "processor" style questions? A few people have said its a slight stumbling point.
    Google it man. Google is the solution to many problems.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right so i done the aptitude test yesterday in Aberdeen.

Struggled (in my opinion) with calculator paper and mechanical comprehension paper. My brain was probably fried from that long.. straight.. tedious drive to Aberdeen (this will be my appeal case if I dont get in).

Does anyone know what the pass mark is? I know you have to pass all 5 papers but surely theres a percentage threshold on the individual papers?

..And as previously mentioned, I wont divulge any information or tips on the tests. That would put us early birds at an unfair advantage. Best to go in with an open mind anyway (Y)
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAYP91)
    Right so i done the aptitude test yesterday in Aberdeen.

Struggled (in my opinion) with calculator paper and mechanical comprehension paper. My brain was probably fried from that long.. straight.. tedious drive to Aberdeen (this will be my appeal case if I dont get in).

Does anyone know what the pass mark is? I know you have to pass all 5 papers but surely theres a percentage threshold on the individual papers?

..And as previously mentioned, I wont divulge any information or tips on the tests. That would put us early birds at an unfair advantage. Best to go in with an open mind anyway (Y)
    true, who knows wat the pass percentage is? i hope it's 50%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    was it the same test as last year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey has anyone got there apptitude test next thursday in portlethen ? x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damilola)
    true, who knows wat the pass percentage is? i hope it's 50%
    nahh m8 its about 75% to 80% pass mark, it depends on how many people have applied and how well people do, if people do very well then they will increase the pass mark.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any results yet?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenny222)
    So it's down to this then for me. Despite having great academic credentials I have been knocked back for all my graduate jobs and all apprenticeships bar this one. Opito is literally my last chance for the year. (TBH it's the one I wanted most but it's now my only one). And it's in the hands of the computer marking my test that I thought I done well in but knowing my current luck I FUBAR.
    I take it we both got turned down for INEOS then? I feel completely hopeless right now, it's just.... bleurgh

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 3, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.