Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks, I did an aptitude test for ExxonMobil which was more local so wasnt sure if this was different as it is nation wide. And I've done all types of tests except a process one, what the hell is that? Like physics or is it like spatial ability testing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i had my test today and its been the same one for the last 3 years now. totaly worrying now cant wait 2 weeks, managed to finish all the question but slipped up on the end of the non calc paper
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ryann, i would suggest you ask nicely for some second-timers or peeps who have already sat it for some pointers on the process test. however, you're in direct competition for a place so people may not want to divulge as it would give you an advantage they never had. i think people aren't showing their cards for a reason mate!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ryann, Google shl tests and practice them. The process test isn't difficult. As long as you get your head round the workings of it. You get it explained pretty well before you start.

Char84, are you on the course or applying for it? I'm guessing by your user name you are the same age as me.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think people should just google stuff like I did the first time around or read the most recent pages of his thread. Personally,I've had it with people who just want to pick others' brains but won't put in the work to do some research themselves. Funny thing is when it's the other way round they might not help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair point. An hours read through the forum pages will answer all your questions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of this forum is for people applying for the apprenticeship to ask questions, if you don't want to answer them then that's up to you. I asked because practice process tests aren't the easy to find on line, I was wondering if they were similar to another type of test, but I understand the point of me being in competition with everyone else so I don't expect a response.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i get what you're saying ryan, iv been online and it is difficult to find a process test. i am yet to find one so i'll continue looking! yer a forum is to talk and share but some people like to keep a competitive edge, which is fair enough.

yes dakl i am 27. probably one of the oldest! im actually studying chemistry and maths at the moment, my school grades didnt meet the entry requirements so i'll be applying for 2013 intake. there's a lot riding on the outcome of my bid for a place as i've already invested £1,000 on courses and i'm not getting any younger. i have 2 kids raise and i need a career now, not just another job. therefore its vital i prepare well in advance as iv been out of school over 12 years!! rusty doesnt even get near it lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year Opito student, just want to say good luck to everyone who has applied. It's a fantastic course to be on, if anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer. Again, good luck everyone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you do your College time in Glasgow?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no you cant do college in glasgow. there are 4 colleges, one for each discipline. mechanical in falkirk, process in aberdeen, c & i in edinburgh and electrical in middlesborough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think there are only 3 now, Aberdeen - Process, Falkirk - Mechanical, Edinburgh - Instrumental and Electrical. So middlesborough have closed now but the course is still available only in Edinburgh now. I'm at Aberdeen and i think there might be an addition course added here or another moved to here.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview on Tuesday and have started to get really nervous already. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after having the interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the County Durham area got any dates yet for the apitude test?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameismark87)
    Got my interview on Tuesday and have started to get really nervous already. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after having the interview?
    it takes around 2weeks or less
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean that positions start getting offered from as early as the start of May? Seems awfully soon considering the application closing date isn't until the end of April. Not that I'd be complaining if I get a spot!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameismark87)
    Does that mean that positions start getting offered from as early as the start of May? Seems awfully soon considering the application closing date isn't until the end of April. Not that I'd be complaining if I get a spot!
    i had two interviews last year and they were well spaced out soo it took till August to hear final word by some people got places a lot sooner, if U look back a few pages U'll see whn some people got their offers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think they may offer so many places for each region. i have a friend who hasn't recieved an aptitude test date yet so would be awfully unfair if all the places were offered before he'd even sat an interview. some people do wait longer, like months. its not a 2 week standard. if ur **** and they dont like you, you will get your 'no' pretty quickly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had my interview with a guy called Gordon McNeil. I feel it went well, was a very relaxed interview. Didn't get asked anything about the Oil and Gas industry though so wasted a good few hours learning facts and figures. I was also told that I would likely not hear back until july! Thats going to be one hell of a wait!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    got my letter today sayingi passed

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.