The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
yeh but you have to be employed by one of the compainies now duringthe course thats why there is a second interview. thats what iwas told last year in the interview. i might be totaly wrong tho
Reply 1201
Original post by matt0091
yeh but you have to be employed by one of the compainies now duringthe course thats why there is a second interview. thats what iwas told last year in the interview. i might be totaly wrong tho

Only with ECITB as far as i am aware
How do you know people are already being accepted? I was told people wouldn't be getting offers until end of June/July time.
Reply 1203
Original post by Nameismark87
How do you know people are already being accepted? I was told people wouldn't be getting offers until end of June/July time.

People had been accepted this time last year, so I presume the same this year, however I know people who were only informed they had been accepted and given a medical date 3 weeks before the course start.

You only have two interviews if you are passed to ECITB, the way the Opito scheme works is a sponsor company pays Opito for your training, a percentage of which is payed to you, some to the training college and some Opito keep. This company is kept secret from you, for some unknown reason, until a round a moth before your college completion.

Hope this clears a couple of things up!
Reply 1204
Original post by henry14
People had been accepted this time last year, so I presume the same this year, however I know people who were only informed they had been accepted and given a medical date 3 weeks before the course start.

You only have two interviews if you are passed to ECITB, the way the Opito scheme works is a sponsor company pays Opito for your training, a percentage of which is payed to you, some to the training college and some Opito keep. This company is kept secret from you, for some unknown reason, until a round a moth before your college completion.

Hope this clears a couple of things up!

Yeah decent. I thought that too. Has everyone got their interview dates now?
Reply 1205
does anyone have their exam on the 24th may at TTE in Middlesbrough?

also i have been studying the fault diagnosis practice tests on psychometric success but i still dont have a clue how to do it, can anyone help me? would be much appreciated

Thanks
Original post by J90ADO
does anyone have their exam on the 24th may at TTE in Middlesbrough?

also i have been studying the fault diagnosis practice tests on psychometric success but i still dont have a clue how to do it, can anyone help me? would be much appreciated

Thanks

Yeah I'm in Middlesbrough on the 24th for the tests. I'm the same I've been doing the shl tests and the psychometric ones too. Some of them are quite challenging and I would also appreciate any help.
Reply 1207
Original post by Dale_Clayton
Yeah I'm in Middlesbrough on the 24th for the tests. I'm the same I've been doing the shl tests and the psychometric ones too. Some of them are quite challenging and I would also appreciate any help.

im a student at TTE mate im there tomorrow im going to ask one of the instructors if they will go over it with me ill try and help you when i understand it:smile:
Original post by J90ADO
im a student at TTE mate im there tomorrow im going to ask one of the instructors if they will go over it with me ill try and help you when i understand it:smile:

Yeah mate that would be great, I'm struggling to get my head round it too. So are you currently at TTE and have applied to opito?
Reply 1209
Original post by Dale_Clayton
Yeah mate that would be great, I'm struggling to get my head round it too. So are you currently at TTE and have applied to opito?

Yeah mate im at TTE at the minute, hopefully it will give me a bit of an advantage in the exam there is a few opito lads training here at the minute going to ask them for a bit of advice ill let you know what they say
Reply 1210
Does anyone have and information about accommodation? Is it always a B&B or sometimes halls ect??
Reply 1211
it depends where you are studying, what is your preferred field?
Reply 1212
Process which in aberdeen.. Mechanical in my second choice.
Reply 1213
you'll probaly be in a B&B if your in aberdeen .thats wot my brother did wen he was in aberdeen.

anyone know when the interviews are in the inverness area??
I'm with OPITO now doing process in Aberdeen, we all stay in uni halls which wont be changing next year. Also I think a couple more disciplines might be moving up here next year.
Reply 1215
Original post by sampye1993
I'm with OPITO now doing process in Aberdeen, we all stay in uni halls which wont be changing next year. Also I think a couple more disciplines might be moving up here next year.

Nice, how u finding the course ?

When did u find out that u got in?
The course is good, the NC is quite easy, just started the HNC which is a lot more relevant. I found out I was on the course in the middle of June and had my medical at the start of July.
Reply 1217
Anyone from glasgow received their letter with the interview date yet?
Reply 1218
Original post by sampye1993
The course is good, the NC is quite easy, just started the HNC which is a lot more relevant. I found out I was on the course in the middle of June and had my medical at the start of July.

Can you remember roughly when you had your interview? I had mine on the 11th May, at the moment im living by the no news is goods news attitude. The interviewer always says to be patient but i've seen some people getting accepted a week or 2 after the interview.
Reply 1219
Original post by JAYP91
Can you remember roughly when you had your interview? I had mine on the 11th May, at the moment im living by the no news is goods news attitude. The interviewer always says to be patient but i've seen some people getting accepted a week or 2 after the interview.

Mine was the 16th of may.

I got told it may take several weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending