The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Just said they would be in touch with a date and location about the interview, thats it, good luck with your result. Al let u know what the letter with the detauls of the interview say, although they did say it would be several weeks so ..........
is it possible to get a prt time job when you are doing this apprenticeship? like does anybody have a part time job thats on the apprenticeship now? car funds :biggrin:
Reply 162
My mate does the apprenticeship and has a part-time job at the weekends when he's back home.

If I get on the apprenticeship, I reckon I'd keep my current job too.
Reply 163
ay chrissy what sort of questions are on it mate? av got my test this week, an av heard its got questions on mechanical composition? i dont wanna sound like a dumb ass ha bu i dont even know wtf that is? any chance of a few lil tips an clue ahah :wink:?
Reply 164
got my date and place for my interview, 17th may at their Aberdeen HQ, as for mechanical comp, its basically anythin to do with mechanical things, e.g. gears and pulleys
Reply 165
when did you do your test inverlad and how long did it take for them to reply sayin yeh had passed. lol am still F****** waiting as to if i`ve passed or not which is more likly lol. i`ve actually got to the stage now where i`m beyond carin. never thought i would say it but im actually looking forward to goin back to school lol. Agh well good luck in your interviews folks and i`ll keep you posted eithier way when i get an update. Not to worry as the markin of my test woulda be a fri afternoon job *Cough* *Cough* lol. Well until some1 says they had there test on the 23 of Apr at the gcc offices and they`ve got there pass/fail letter.
I took my test on the 28th, and got a letter today saying I passed :smile:
does anyone know if it's definately too late to still apply? I've rang and emailed Opito but it's the weekend so I'm going to have to wait until Monday to find out. Just wondered if any of you guys knew of any extensions to the deadline
Reply 168
nahh defoo too late uno, i found out about the course last year 3 years after the closing date an they said u will have to wait till next year
Reply 169
Agh well as promised here`s your reply. I received my aptitude letter today dated the 4th of April informing me that i had failed. I felt like **** failing the P*** wee test. Well i did until i phoned my cousin who has 7 A highers and 3 advanced and heard that he had got the same response as i with just a few credit standard grades. The biggest joke came though when my cousin said that he had phoned maureen hunter to see what parts of the test he done bad/good in etc to be told that they couldn`t have looked at his school grades as they would have put him forward for interview despite him failing the aptitude test as the school grade were a better reflection of his ability supceeding the aptitide test standard which is set at standard grade level. Anyone else getting a similiar response lol wtf ? I will be back for attempt 2 in 2011 lol.
Reply 170
I was joking about the fri afternoon job until this scenario arose lol
Reply 171
Guys,

I have read this whole thread. Could someone who has done the test give a couple of actual examples that were given in the apptitude test PLEASE!! I am getting worried about it!!! lol
Reply 172
R12345 lol it`s S**T like £9.60/4 seriously you`ll be fine. the hardest ? is how many wheels spin when belts are attached and which way a tree falls when cut a certain way.
Reply 173
i like how no 1 else has the balls to say they`ve failed too lol oj
R12345
Guys,

I have read this whole thread. Could someone who has done the test give a couple of actual examples that were given in the apptitude test PLEASE!! I am getting worried about it!!! lol

Basically there are 5 tests. the first is the easiest thing you will ever do. basically a set of passages and then you answer questions about what youve read. you don't need to know anything.
2nd test is maths and you can use a calculator. its basically like a gcse maths paper.
3rd is quite hard, its a test of your knowledge on things like pistons, joints, forces etc.
4th is maths again, but its all mental arithmetic questions.
5th is hard to explain so i wont try, but its all about sequences..

its all multiple choice, so its easy.
Reply 175
thebirthoftragedy
Basically there are 5 tests. the first is the easiest thing you will ever do. basically a set of passages and then you answer questions about what youve read. you don't need to know anything.
2nd test is maths and you can use a calculator. its basically like a gcse maths paper.
3rd is quite hard, its a test of your knowledge on things like pistons, joints, forces etc.
4th is maths again, but its all mental arithmetic questions.
5th is hard to explain so i wont try, but its all about sequences..

its all multiple choice, so its easy.

Sounds like fun, but im still waiting for mine....
Anybudy any idea if the interviews only get held at where their main sites are or if they will have them in different areas like they done with the tests? Or if anyone has had an interview in Glasgow is a simple way of asking lol.
ChrissyBoyle
Anybudy any idea if the interviews only get held at where their main sites are or if they will have them in different areas like they done with the tests? Or if anyone has had an interview in Glasgow is a simple way of asking lol.

They come to your area I believe :smile:
Reply 178
Who else has their aptitude test tomorrow in Glasgow?
Reply 179
lol been there domo1888 tell us how you do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending