Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University - Eng Lit and Creative Writing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mouse Potato

I believe that we'll be waiting a bit later than the straight Lit students. Their last interview date was the 25th. Ours was the 28th. Also, there's slightly less competition for places on the straight Lit course, so presumably a slightly shorter decision time.

Dying to know, I want this so badly now. I REALLY REALLY want to go to Warwick :frown:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to Warwick too! Also eek at people hearing back for the straight Lit course because I was interviewed for that as well!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Leodora
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to Warwick too! Also eek at people hearing back for the straight Lit course because I was interviewed for that as well!!

I wouldn't worry too much. I remember seeing someone on here a few years ago who got rejected for straight lit but accepted for Creative Writing... I guess they only wanted to give 1 offer seeing as they're both such competitive courses? :confused:
Reply 82

I wouldn't worry too much. I remember seeing someone on here a few years ago who got rejected for straight lit but accepted for Creative Writing... I guess they only wanted to give 1 offer seeing as they're both such competitive courses? :confused:

I'm seriously hoping so! Thank you :smile: Wouldn't it be nice if we all got our offers and grades and could laugh about stressing out over it in October?
Reply 83
I believe that we'll be waiting a bit later than the straight Lit students. Their last interview date was the 25th. Ours was the 28th. Also, there's slightly less competition for places on the straight Lit course, so presumably a slightly shorter decision time.

Dying to know, I want this so badly now. I REALLY REALLY want to go to Warwick :frown:

Very true - and the main reason I didn't freak out upon seeing the offers made in the Official Applicants thread :biggrin: Then again, it'd be nice to be able to get on with things - accom. for here/elsewhere if rejected, and whatnot :biggrin:

If you guys do get in, d'you have any idea what sort of accom. you'll apply for?
Original post by Kayeffsee
If you guys do get in, d'you have any idea what sort of accom. you'll apply for?

The older stuff, probably Rootes. Apparently some of the newer ones have really bad internet connection, and I do a lot of gaming so that's a big deal for me. Not really looked at it properly yet though to be honest. You? :P

I WANT AN OFFER PLEASE!!! D:
Reply 85
Very true - and the main reason I didn't freak out upon seeing the offers made in the Official Applicants thread :biggrin: Then again, it'd be nice to be able to get on with things - accom. for here/elsewhere if rejected, and whatnot :biggrin:

I haven't even looked at accomodation or researched anything to do with Warwick, in case I get really excited about it and then get a rejection :frown:
Because at the moment I really am wanting to go to Warwick :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Callum828

My friend was told that they all had to write under an alter-ego, 'the other'. He thought it was a waste of time so just made his 'bob', another girl in the group insisted on being called 'Talula Hasslebank' for the rest of the term.

I may simply be disillusion because I am in love with the uni and the sound of the course but I WOULD LOVE THAT! It's just fun isn't it? Being creative and all that. I genuinely believe that I would even enjoy "Talula Hasslebank's" idiosyncrasy ... from a distance
Reply 87

There was a load more but I can't recall any right now. Just bear in mind that it will be full of pretentious types, it is creative writing, after all.

I love how you would make this comment in a thread for people who want to study creative writing hahaa
Just got my rejection.
A little surprised, but I guess it was expected.
Just whilst I'm here, in the rest of your interviews, had the interviewer read your portfolio/personal statement before you came in??
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx
Just got my rejection.
Just whilst I'm here, in the rest of your interviews, had the interviewer read your portfolio/personal statement before you came in??

Oh god, sorry to hear that. I checked my email and track, but mine are still blank. :frown:

Yes, he'd read them and made notes on them. :confused:

You?
Reply 90
Just got my rejection.

Sorry to hear that :frown:
Same as Mouse Potato, mine had been read and they'd made notes on it. :s
Reply 91
Rejected also :frown:

Can't say I wasn't expecting it though -huggles above rejection buddy- Good luck with your applications, guys - you'll do amazingly regardless :biggrin: <3

Can't say I wasn't expecting it though -huggles above rejection buddy- Good luck with your applications, guys - you'll do amazingly regardless :biggrin: <3

Awh noes!! :frown::frown::frown:

-huggles-

Thanks for the luck, I'm going to need it. I'm really nervous now. :frown:
Reply 93
Awh noes!! :frown::frown::frown:

-huggles-

Thanks for the luck, I'm going to need it. I'm really nervous now. :frown:

-huggles back- Is a disappointment, but like I say; not one I wasn't expecting / can't recover from after much aero bar :tongue:

And I'm sure you'll do amazingly - from everything you've mentioned, they'd be silly not to take you :smile: let us know when you hear?
Reply 94

Just got my rejection.

and

Can't say I wasn't expecting it though -huggles above rejection buddy- Good luck with your applications, guys - you'll do amazingly regardless :biggrin: &lt;3

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that! I myself feel terrified now and yeah, my interviewer read my personal statement and portfolio. I'm just worried that my interview didn't go well - the awkward silence when he asked me how many lines were in a SONNET right at the beginning wasn't great. Came out with it eventually... in my head I was like (octet + sestet? wait, is that right?)

Anyway, when did you guys have your interviews? Sorry, I just want to know if I should still be waiting for a rejection to come through. Honestly so scared
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Leodora
and

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that! I myself feel terrified now and yeah, my interviewer read my personal statement and portfolio. I'm just worried that my interview didn't go well - the awkward silence when he asked me how many lines were in a SONNET right at the beginning wasn't great. Came out with it eventually... in my head I was like (octet + sestet? wait, is that right?)

Anyway, when did you guys have your interviews? Sorry, I just want to know if I should still be waiting for a rejection to come through. Honestly so scared

Haha I would've freaked out at a technical question. :biggrin: And 21st Feb if I recall correctly. Don't panic, and breathe lots - I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin: the fact that they haven't gone 'GTFO' already is at least a sign they want you - it's down to number of places now :smile:

I do wonder whether they saw my results we're meant to get today. They just seem a little too close not to be linked. In which case, I'm now convinced I messed those up xD Grrrr.

EDIT: Well, half and half :P Got better than expected in 2 of them, and worse than expected in 1 xD What'd you guys get? :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96

Haha I would've freaked out at a technical question. :biggrin: And 21st Feb if I recall correctly. Don't panic, and breathe lots - I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin: the fact that they haven't gone 'GTFO' already is at least a sign they want you - it's down to number of places now :smile:

I do wonder whether they saw my results we're meant to get today. They just seem a little too close not to be linked. In which case, I'm now convinced I messed those up xD Grrrr.

EDIT: Well, half and half :P Got better than expected in 2 of them, and worse than expected in 1 xD What'd you guys get? :biggrin:

Ah! Glad you did better in two! Didn't take January modules but that reminds me of my Summer ASs last year. Two especially - one was surprisingly good and another surprisingly bad
Original post by Leodora
Ah! Glad you did better in two! Didn't take January modules but that reminds me of my Summer ASs last year. Two especially - one was surprisingly good and another surprisingly bad

Same for everything. I did far better than I thought in my Classics and Latin exams, but my Art exam was a massive fail. I managed to get an E... so even though my coursework was fine I only got a C overall. Ah well. :P
Mine hadn't read my personal statement - she was skimming through it for what seemed like the first time as I sat before her, and she didn't even know that I had a portfolio submitted - when I mentioned it she just looked at me, she certainly hadn't read it. She was also an hour late...and didn't even shake my hand as I sat down/left. I loved Warwick but I thought that was a bit unprofessional...I don't know whether I should ask the uni about it, because I just assumed everyone else would have had the same super unformal meeting, and someone else would be deciding about the portfolio etc...super weird. Never mind. UEA here I come :smile:
Reply 99

Mine hadn't read my personal statement - she was skimming through it for what seemed like the first time as I sat before her, and she didn't even know that I had a portfolio submitted - when I mentioned it she just looked at me, she certainly hadn't read it. She was also an hour late...and didn't even shake my hand as I sat down/left. I loved Warwick but I thought that was a bit unprofessional...I don't know whether I should ask the uni about it, because I just assumed everyone else would have had the same super unformal meeting, and someone else would be deciding about the portfolio etc...super weird. Never mind. UEA here I come :smile:

If you really want to go to Warwick, I would say something about it. My interviewer knew my pieces well and asked me surprisingly detailed questions about them, picking out aspects he liked. UEA is great for creative writing but if you prefer Warwick, it's worth trying for in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending