The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University - Eng Lit and Creative Writing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Kayeffsee
:frown: :frown: Know how you're feeling - just try and remember you got that interview because you fully deserved a place on that course (unlike my case, in which my personal statement far exceeded my writing skills xD) - it was just a case of numbers :frown: Hope the rest of your applications go awesomely :biggrin:

(Mouse; no pressure xD)

Thanks :smile: Feeling much better about it today, but still annoyed with the interviewer :angry:
Gonna have a look at Kent, then decide between there, UEA and Surrey I think.
Good luck with yours too :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 121
Original post by writer27
Thanks :smile: Feeling much better about it today, but still annoyed with the interviewer :angry:
Gonna have a look at Kent, then decide between there, UEA and Surrey I think.
Good luck with yours too :smile:

-secretive cough of secrecy- COMETOKENT :biggrin: /secretive cough :tongue:
Applied for the same courses in the others? :]
Reply 122
Original post by Kayeffsee
-secretive cough of secrecy- COMETOKENT :biggrin: /secretive cough :tongue:
Applied for the same courses in the others? :]

Yep-applied for same in all of them.
Ha, I'm visiting Kent in April, gonna see what its like :biggrin:
I was rejected from UEA yesterday, so really holding out for Warwick. : ||||
Original post by Viapurifico
I was rejected from UEA yesterday, so really holding out for Warwick. : ||||

OMG SNAP!!! :console:

Hopefully some better news should come through soon from Warwick... did they reject you after the portfolio too? I'd sort of decided that UEA wasn't really for me already, but got quite upset because I thought it would gve me no chance of getting Warwick. Better wait and see though I guess!! :frown:
Original post by Mouse Potato
OMG SNAP!!! :console:

Hopefully some better news should come through soon from Warwick... did they reject you after the portfolio too? I'd sort of decided that UEA wasn't really for me already, but got quite upset because I thought it would gve me no chance of getting Warwick. Better wait and see though I guess!! :frown:

:hugs:

Pretty much exactly the same as you. I guessed it was coming, because of the long, long wait, but yeah. After the portfolio, apparently it was 'not satisfactory'. *lol* They must have some great writers there this year! :P Hope it doesn't mean Warwick's off the menu. I was much more disappointed when I got the rejection from Royal Holloway than UEA, to be honest. :/
:hugs:

Pretty much exactly the same as you. I guessed it was coming, because of the long, long wait, but yeah. After the portfolio, apparently it was 'not satisfactory'. *lol* They must have some great writers there this year! :P Hope it doesn't mean Warwick's off the menu.

Exactly the same! I guess we'll just have to wait and see! *nervous* :redface:

Apparently Diamonddust has a friend studying at Warwick who was rejected from UEA, so there's still hope for us yet!! Fingers crossed!
Exactly the same! I guess we'll just have to wait and see! *nervous* :redface:

Apparently Diamonddust has a friend studying at Warwick who was rejected from UEA, so there's still hope for us yet!! Fingers crossed!

*worries with you*
Original post by writer27
Got rejected on Friday night.
Yeah. Can't say anything else. The interviewer was so enthusiastic and yeah. Really upset.

On the bright side, you have an offer from UEA which is the best university in the country for English & CW.
Reply 129
Hey guys, I just got an offer through for this course on UCAS. :biggrin: So happy/relieved right now. I really hope you hear good news soon!
SPEAK OF THE ****ING DEVIL.

Just got an offer. Tears of happiness. Hope you guys get in! You're all such lovely people. <3
Just got an offer too.. phew!! Now to choose, good luck to all of you still waiting. xx
Reply 132
*total noob post, hope it's okay to just dive in without introduction?!*

literally just got an offer too.. cue loud squeal.. jumping around room in excitement etc, and after a rejection from uea yesterday (pssh totally didn't wanna go there anyway.. ish.. haha) it was such a relief

now to put them in order. this could take a while :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 133
Yay, lots of offers. :smile:

I'm almost definitely going to firm Warwick, it's by far the best course for me and I absolutely love the University. Where else did you all apply to?
OFFER!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

I'm actually shaking. I just squeaked on my boyfriend :'''''''''')

Seems many of us got UEA rejections yesterday... great ot have better news !!! ^^
Reply 135
Congrats, Mouse Potato! Judging by the rest of this thread, you totally deserve it :biggrin:
Reply 136

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

Seems many of us got UEA rejections yesterday... great ot have better news !!! ^^

-insert ZOMFGYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY smiley here-

Well done! Totally knew you would :biggrin:

SPEAK OF THE ****ING DEVIL.

Just got an offer. Tears of happiness. Hope you guys get in! You're all such lovely people. <3

Well done you :biggrin: It was ttly the smart outfit you wore :wink: J/k, you deserve it 100%

And congrats to everyone else! :biggrin: That course looks like it's going to consist of an epic bunch this year - will you all firm it? :smile:

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

Well done Mouse, very happy for you, I had rejection from Nottingham couple of weeks ago :frown: Now to decide between Exeter and Warwick, have offer from Birmingham too (and another rejection from Oxford)!
Reply 138
congrats to everyone!
the wait to hear from them was literally one of the most excruciating things.. it got to the point where i almost didn't care whether they rejected me, i just wanted to KNOW damnit
definitely think i'm going to choose firm for warwick.. absolutely loved it when i was there for interview

what about everybody else? :smile:

ps. mouse potato - i just read this entire thread (cause i'm a loser and have waaay too much time and am also procrastinating massively) and i think i remember you from the interview day, we were in the same tour group.. i was the girl with the leopard print coat? heh
Original post by ruthers24
congrats to everyone!
the wait to hear from them was literally one of the most excruciating things.. it got to the point where i almost didn't care whether they rejected me, i just wanted to KNOW damnit
definitely think i'm going to choose firm for warwick.. absolutely loved it when i was there for interview

what about everybody else? :smile:

ps. mouse potato - i just read this entire thread (cause i'm a loser and have waaay too much time and am also procrastinating massively) and i think i remember you from the interview day, we were in the same tour group.. i was the girl with the leopard print coat? heh

I remember you!!! Yay! Congratulations!! :biggrin:

So happy to know. That's my last one, so I'm out of the horrible waiting game now. You have no idea how relieved I am to no longer be afraid of my inbox. When I got the email, it was on my phone, so I had to start up my netbook to check. Unfortunately, freaked out and told the bf so then felt quite embarrassed opening the damn thing. Then proceeded to squeak all over him and his mum telling them how happy I was, haha. x3

I loved it there... it was so perfect. Firming it and putting straight Lit at Birmingham for my insurance I think. :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending