The Student Room Group
if you get those grades bath bristol durham york manchester. GS and CS are sometimes excluded
Reply 2
You have a chance of gettings offers basically everywhere apart from LSE and Oxbridge with a good personal statement and reference (as LSE are strict on GCSEs and Oxbridge require AAA).

As for actually meeting offers, UCL and Nottingham require AAA so you'd miss the offer with your predicted grades.
he'd also miss it for warwick as well who require AAA or AABb and damn good GCSEs
Reply 4
You could take a look at Bristol, Southampton, Manchester, Bath, York, Exeter, Leeds, Newcastle, and Birmingham.
Reply 5
Focus on Maths and drop GS.
(Don't tell me: your school forces you to do GS. Well they can't make you do any work for it or go to the exam. With the support of your parents good chance to be excluded from the GS lessons as well.) Anyway preachy bit over.

But yes apply for a range of places but not LSE. What places where you thinking of?
George Lewis
I will get A A B A b (Economics, Geography, Maths, General Studies, critical think a-s)

I have poor gcses by the standard of this forum (1 A 8 B 3 C), however I'll be able to write a pretty good personal statement.

which universities are within my reach to apply to?
Just to be sure, are these your predicted A2 grades (and AS Critical thinking)? In other words, are you doing your A2 exams now, and will be applying to university post A-level then?
_Mazza_
You have a chance of gettings offers basically everywhere apart from LSE and Oxbridge with a good personal statement and reference (as LSE are strict on GCSEs and Oxbridge require AAA).

As for actually meeting offers, UCL and Nottingham require AAA so you'd miss the offer with your predicted grades.

Well.....no....

UCL require AAA
Warwick require AAA
Nottingham require AAA

You're B in Maths will hurt a lot you're applying and even more once you get to uni.
Reply 8
If he can get his predicted grades put down as AAA he has a chance of getting an offer.

I was stating that if he got the grades he thinks he will he would miss the offers from Notts and UCL, granted I missed out Warwick.
Reply 9
holdyourcolour
Well.....no....

UCL require AAA
Warwick require AAA
Nottingham require AAA

You're B in Maths will hurt a lot you're applying and even more once you get to uni.

Warwick don't exactly demand AAA (the offer is AAB) but yes most candidates have much more than that. Another problem is there only being 3 traditional subjects. But George has 5 choices so going for 1 bliss university is a good idea but need to balance that else where.
George Lewis
I will get A A B A b (Economics, Geography, Maths, General Studies, critical think a-s)

I have poor gcses by the standard of this forum (1 A 8 B 3 C), however I'll be able to write a pretty good personal statement.

which universities are within my reach to apply to?

you should stick only within the top 20 for economics.
preferably top 10. Bear in mind critical thinking and general studies may not be considered.
I'd say Birmingham, Warwick, Bristol, LSE and UCL. check out subject specific tables such as the Guardian and the idependents good university guide (09). but guardian is better as excludes revenue aimed research.
Reply 11
Check out past typical offers as well:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6282645&highlight=typical+offers#post6282645

But you should not just look at tables. For example also
i)think about how close it is to home
ii)Is it campus or city uni?

Latest

Trending

Trending