The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You don't have any coursework as such just assignments...

A key part of the Economics and Business course is the completion of 4 compulsory assignments. The following notes are for guidence.

1. Each assignment involves 4 elements - Knowledge, Application, Analysis and Evaluation. Each of these elements is worth 25%.

2. The total word count of these A/S assignments is 1,250 words - excluding appendices.

3. The coursework will be set at appropriate times during the Autumn and Spring semesters.

4. Assignment titles are pre-set and are based on the Module work that has been covered in class.

5. Full guidance will be given to you by staff for the successful completion and improvement of each piece of course work.

6. Penalties will be imposed for the late submission of your coursework beyond the set deadline.

7. The assignment will be a mixture of primary and secondary research sources.

8. Your two best assignment marks will be chosen to send off to the examination board and will form part of your final end of year A/S examination result.

We've just completed our first assignment, we'll get the mark back after half-term.

More info available from these websites...
http://www.edexcel.org.uk/qualifications/QualificationSubject.aspx?id=48318
http://www.necb.org/go/alevel/index
Reply 2
im still not entirely sure what to do, i kinda got a brief guide, and also the sppendix is it very detailed, my teacher said that we have to constantly refer to it and update it everytime we use a new word. what are other peoples appendix like?
Reply 3
economics and business is a very easy a-level in many respects, or at least i found it was and many of my friends did. there were a lot of us doing history/ecobus/politics and the amount of work required to do the other subjects was tremendously high compared to eco/bus. i did very little revision and ended up with an A. there is very little maths that you would find on an economics course. we had a ridiculously easy textbook whi

in terms of coursework mymold school just made us do two pieces of work which we started in october and finished in april(?) in the first year and i cant rememerb the dates for the other ones. the A2 ones are slightly longer and a lot of people retook the AS ones in the 2nd year as its easy marks as the marking is similar just harasher in the 2nd year so u have developed your skills a lot and you can just redo one if you want

in the first year modules 1 and 2&3 are all very similar and this is the same the year after, especially with the options paper, which for the most part are fairly similar. module 4, is on a different subject every year and they give you prereleased material, not unlike gcse english lit. last year it was on newspapers and if you read something like mediaguardian and media studies in the spectator edvery week it was fine

to be honest i dont think universities like it that much, when i spoke to LSe they said they dont like people doing economics and business and were fairly ambigious as to whether this meant economics and business as seperate subjects and as a joint subject but im not sure

to be honest i think economics has more prestige and i would go for that if you can, unless your maths is poor, though it really depends on what you want to do

contact me if you want to know anyhting about it

Latest

Trending

Trending