The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
R+W wasn't too bad, apart from the fact that we had to talk in the past quite a bit and tenses momentarily flew my mind :smile:

LR+W was yucky. The listening was much harder, I felt. I swear the bits I needed to write down were when he/she spoke really, really fast :P The reading was OK, though.
Reply 2
i thought the lrw was soo much harder than past papers! rw wasn't too bad although i think i wrote more than 200 words on task 3 8-) x
Reply 3
yeh I thought the lwr was much harder than past papers, but for the rw, there wasnt that much in the text to answer the first two questions (the ones on the two girls) was there?
Reply 4
yeah not really, just say that had to get a taxi home and stay together like in a group? thats pretty much all i wrote haha but hopefully if everyone found that paper hard then grade boundaries will be lowered i think.. the oral went well though so thats a good couple of marks! x
Reply 5
lrw was a really harsh paper in my opinion, i think i messed up big time on that box-ticking question about routes. hopefully the grade boundaries will go down on it and we'll all be ok.
rw was fine i think.
Reply 6
I resat both of them today, R&W was not too taxing, but there were some grey areas in the listening I have to admit.
I'm just hoping and praying I don't have to resit, but I think it's a possibility for the RW paper. The listening was fine I thought apart from the very last bit of the first listening question. I heard what they were saying but I had no idea what it meant :frown:. Can anyone shed any light on what it was?
Reply 8
peaches.
lrw was a really harsh paper in my opinion, i think i messed up big time on that box-ticking question about routes. hopefully the grade boundaries will go down on it and we'll all be ok.
rw was fine i think.

on that question about routes, could you only tick 7/8 (or however many marks there were)? because it dodn't specifically say how many you had to tick.
I thought it was just tick one box on each line. I hope it was!

Nothing we can do about it now :s-smilie:

I think everyone found listening really hard. I really need to improve in time for Spanish A2
Reply 10
How I'd love to see the transcript now!!!!!!! :biggrin: Hehehe!

I found the listening really difficult. And the reading tasks (not the letter bit) were quite hard too.. the food bit I found quite ambiguous!!!
Reply 11
Oldspeak
on that question about routes, could you only tick 7/8 (or however many marks there were)? because it dodn't specifically say how many you had to tick.

Do you mean the one about speed cameras? For that one you only tick one per line, indeed :smile:
Reply 12
Yes that's what I meant, thanks.
Reply 13
Oh thank god, I thought you were talking about another section to the paper which I hadn't seen :p:
I got really confused with the RW paper. For some reason, my mind went blank and I couldn't write anything for the last question. What did everyone else put for that question, about your personal experiences of your parents not letting you go out?
Reply 15
00Anna
How I'd love to see the transcript now!!!!!!! :biggrin: Hehehe!

I found the listening really difficult. And the reading tasks (not the letter bit) were quite hard too.. the food bit I found quite ambiguous!!!

I said the same thing, there were one or two that could have fit quite easily into one or the other category.
Reply 16
I thought it was all fine except the last listening exercise which was an absolute nightmare - how much did you guys actually hear - I literally couldn't hear anything:C
Reply 17
Brightstar
I thought it was all fine except the last listening exercise which was an absolute nightmare - how much did you guys actually hear - I literally couldn't hear anything:C

Was that the work experience section ?
Reply 18
You know in the listening exercise on ados did you hear something like en bonde - that was the only thing I wasn't sure about - did you put teh ados like to buy alone or with family?
Yeah, don't worry, me too. I literally couldn't hear anything either. Impossible. I really think I mucked it up, and I am worried. I'm hoping though..

Latest

Trending

Trending