And by the way were your answers to the vessel pressure question:

Artery
Arteriole
Capillary
Venule
Vein?

With the blanks being the ones in bold.
PeterR
What did you get for the meiosis question in the multichoice?

The question showed the homologous chromosomes lined up at the equator so I thought that the next stage would be the one where the chromosomes have been pulled to the poles. Can't remember the letter :frown:

How 'bout you?

yeh, I think I chose that one as well, i think it was C .. or D :biggrin:
I wish we had the paper :frown:
PeterR
And by the way were your answers to the vessel pressure question:

Artery
Arteriole
Capillary
Venule
Vein?

With the blanks being the ones in bold.

yessssss thats wut I got as well!!!
is it correct tho ?:biggrin:
Reply 63
I know it sucks so bad :frown:

See the question with the little dot in the brain, did you say it was medulla?

I know that that's a pretty vague description of the question but maybe you understand?
Reply 64
lRockchickl
yessssss thats wut I got as well!!!
is it correct tho ?:biggrin:

Yes :biggrin:
Reply 65
PeterR
What did you get for the meiosis question in the multichoice?

The question showed the homologous chromosomes lined up at the equator so I thought that the next stage would be the one where the chromosomes have been pulled to the poles. Can't remember the letter :frown:

How 'bout you?

I got the ones where the chromosomes have been pulled to the poles too..i think. I think it was the 2nd one along to the right..
Reply 66
PeterR

I know that that's a pretty vague description of the question but maybe you understand?

I got the medulla oblongata yeah! I was trying to figure out weither it was the spinal cord, cause i thought it was a bit low down for the medulla. But then since it was connected to all those organs then i thought medulla.. :biggrin:

Does anybody know what they got for the multiple choice one where they asked where the Sino atrial node is? I mean wtf. I thought the pacemaker is on the right atrial wall beside the vena cava, and the only one near that was A- in the middle of the atrium. I think that's what i ended up putting down, what did anyone else get?
Reply 67
i put A for the pacemaker but that was a crap question.
i was pleased with the essays though.
PeterR

yeh i got medulla as well :biggrin:
Reply 69
One of the questions was like:

"Even though blood pressure in the vena cava is below atmospheric, blood can still get to it."

My answer for that one was around the lines of:
"Blood cannot go back in the veins due to the presence of valves, and is always going forward thanks to systole of the atria acting like sucking a straw where blood rushes in to fill the low pressure cavity of the heart."

Does this sound like it would get the 2 marks, 1 of the marks, or is it totally missing the point?
Reply 70
That's roughly what I put but explained better, so hopefully :wink:
Reply 71
Rach L
That's roughly what I put but explained better, so hopefully :wink:

Lol quit braggin' :p:
Reply 72
I'm not braggin', your answer was a lot more eloquent than mine! :biggrin:
btw, i have the question paper. i got a spare from my teacher.
anyway. see for the last part, C. see the question about voluntary/involuntry responses. i had lots written, made sense and linked well. only thing is, i done it in the wrong order. ie wrote the voluntry headling, but wrote the involutry stuff? moment of madness. lol
do u think i will get anything for it?

i actually though it was very tough, i think its the hardest paper in years.i'll be lucky if a scrape a C. anything i didnt want to come up did, everything i knew didnt come up. (ll almost.) im looking at some of the questions now and am stunned i didnt get half of them.
ive checked my multiple choice answers and done no bad on them,22/25 out of 30 i think
essay question is dodgy. like i mentioned earlier?
it all depends if they realise i made a school boy error.

viva ronaldo
Reply 74
do all teachers have the test paper then? :O

Ronaldo, well, that's like them giving the mark to someone putting the heading systole and descibing it as relaxations of the heart chambers. I'm afraid i don't think that you would much marks if any for that. But i'm not a trained marker..
Reply 75
You know it's weird, i was in the exam and thinking.. wow.. thousands of people are sitting this exact exam right at this moment across the country. (its controversial, i know :rolleyes: )

Just something i think about.
Reply 76
keanosmagichat
btw, i have the question paper. i got a spare from my teacher.

Please scan it and we can start making an answer list.
Reply 77
Lol we all got given higher biology papers instead of human ones so we started late cause we had to get more...

And then someone said they'd already put they're details on the wrong paper and the little old woman invigilator said "don't worry it will just be destroyed"

Was much funnier at the time.....
Reply 78
Haha classic
Reply 79
Ive got the paper and ive took photographs of section A so far (cant find cable for scanner). Hopefully you can read it okay =]

Overall Looking back on it....I made some foolish mistakes :mad: Shouldve got in the high 20s!!

Latest

Trending

Trending