The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i got 14 for the vol from my graph...messed up the calculations tho :{
Reply 81
I got 14 too, or 14.5! Hope it's right. I drew 1 line for the acscending, 1 for the descending and were they crossed, went down to my volume, does this sound right?
Reply 82
It depends on what conc your college gave you too, so all results will vary a bit.

I got 16cm3 to neutralise it, 1.29 for H2SO4 and 1.65 for NaOH
Yer thats excatly right! I got 14 too!, so did everyone in the class and the teacher!! But did anyone spot the typo in the exam? In the evalution bit it said "refering to the thermometric titration in PART 3.." when part 3 was the anaylsis bit! My teacher thinks they got it wrong.
ughh....

got apparently about the right results for both experiments (comparing to results of people in my class)

got the calculations right for the most part afaik

but

the evaluation screwed me over so badly. I didn't know what to write. All I could think of was to use a more accurate burette, use a more accurate thermometer, and to add H2SO4 at smaller intervals i.e. every 1cm3 or every 0.5cm3 rather than 2cm3

i'd be suprised if I even got half the marks for the evaluation. such a bastard question.
Reply 85

I though the paper was really good and pretty easy but I messed up the practical bit so my results are totally off -_- When I was putting the powder in the conical flask I managed to spill some. No idea how that happened. Am I likely to lose a lot for that?

I thought the calculations were quite simple though, which is a relief cause that's what I thought I would struggle with.

Oh, and I got 15 for the volume from the graph.

(and I noticed the error too Indecisive. It confused me for a while)
Reply 86
I ot 14.7cm^3 for volume, max temp was 36.5 and conc. H2SO4 = 1.26, conc. NaOH = 1.48
Reply 87
will i loose marks if 1 put the concentration to 2 s.f?!
Loosy
I though the paper was really good and pretty easy but I messed up the practical bit so my results are totally off -_- When I was putting the powder in the conical flask I managed to spill some. No idea how that happened. Am I likely to lose a lot for that?

I thought the calculations were quite simple though, which is a relief cause that's what I thought I would struggle with.

:P personally I would have done a bit of fiddling around with my results if I had spilled any.

which I did.
Loosy

You might lose the accuracy mark but I wouldn't have thought you would lose too many marks, so long as your calculations were correct for your results.

Latest