The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone's school do Higher Politics/ Sociology? I'd imagine they'd be quite interesting.
Reply 21
Nope, unfortunately. I'd really liked to have done it, but it's not offered, hence why I'm heading to college in Sept :biggrin:

Cant wait to go to university and really focus in on it though!
Reply 22
It's quite rare to see someone wanting to go into modern studies teaching! Props to you.
good luck with college.

i might enter politics after doing a normal job for a few years, so i can claim"life experience" lol
Reply 24
Hoggster=)
From what I've heard from a principle teacher in my school, the America question this year is going to be on the American electoral system and/or limit on the the powers of the President.

I don't really know much else about the exam, obviously it's kept hush, but the idea is that the primaries are/have been in full swing, so get studying for American politics!

Anyone else got any hints?:p:

What other topics did you study? :]
Reply 25
a question matt,

What's your political affiliation? :P
Reply 26
It's just really interesting and challenging, because you constantly need to keep up-to-date with news etc, otherwise you lose the thread of the subject.

And I love a challenge :biggrin: particularly an interesting one :smile:
Reply 27
laura-rad
What other topics did you study? :]

1B: Decision making in central Govt'
1D: Voting systems and patterns

2: Wealth & Health

And 3:America
3: South Africa

Not sure of the theme numbers for unit three stuff! :confused:
Conservative, without a doubt.

Would you have guessed?

They are the only party which stick up for real hard-working people instead of lazy people on unemployment benefit.
What's yours Bobby?
Im guessing your a liberal bobby
Reply 31
How did you guess? :biggrin:
I'm a liberal too :biggrin:
lol. teh lib dems (there is a seperate liberal party, which seperated, from SDP in the 80's) have almost become more left wing than the labour party.

Remeber their proposal for a 50% super-tax on those earning over 100,000, in teh 2005 election?

Has anyone been keeping track of the abortion debate this everning in the house of commons.
I thought they were more left wing :s-smilie:

Yeah, i'm reckoning the majority are going to vote to keep the current laws on it but there's a good proportion ready to vote for 20 weeks apparently
Reply 35
I'm getting the podcast of 'Politics Weekly' at the end of the week.

Can't say the conclusion surprised me that much. 20 weeks seems likely but it brings up the whole pro-life question once again - does 4 weeks make a difference? If so, why not 16?

It certainly is a touchy issue. I know where i stand on it, but that's OT for this thread :/
Reply 36
Hoggster=)
1B: Decision making in central Govt'
1D: Voting systems and patterns

2: Wealth & Health

And 3:America
3: South Africa

Not sure of the theme numbers for unit three stuff! :confused:

You did 5 topics? We only did 4...

1D: Voting Systems and Patterns

2: Wealth and Health

3C: The USA

3E: The Politics of Development in Africa
Reply 37
Is anybody doing/have done/would like to do higher modern studies? :smile:

Yeah we did 5, so that we have a choice of essays in Paper 1 :biggrin:
If i was there, i would vote for 13.

Abortion is murder, and the government should be protecting the most vulnerable - not the teenage mother who thought using contraception wan't cool- but the innoccent baby, who cannot protect itself.

too many MP's concern themselves with protecting the rights of the woman; what about the rights of the child?
^^^ oops, that is probably innapropriate for this thread. sorry

Latest

Trending

Trending