The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I also haven't heard anything (Philosophy at Newnham) - I was thinking it was just Newnham, as my friend who is applying there for English also has no SAQ, but perhaps not...

Maybe they're not in such a hurry to get the Phil ones out? Probably one of the last subjects interviewed for, as less applicants than Eng/Sci/etc.

Nb. That's just a guess...i'm almost certainly talking absolute b*llocks to make myself feel better about being ignored :smile:

ZarathustraX (Let me know when you get one, yaar!?)
I haven't heard anything.....SPS at Downing
X
Zarathustra
I also haven't heard anything (Philosophy at Newnham) - I was thinking it was just Newnham, as my friend who is applying there for English also has no SAQ, but perhaps not...
ZarathustraX (Let me know when you get one, yaar!?)

NatSci at Newnham (yes, female despite the name)
I have not heard anything yet either.
Reply 4
Fluffmonster
I haven't heard anything.....SPS at Downing
X

I received my SAQ from Downing (for Law) on Saturday and my CAF was sent off on 11th October... Also my friend also applying to Downing for Geography also received an SAQ, so i assume that Downing will send you one too...
Reply 5
I haven't received anything either, although I made an open application and I'm an overseas applicant. I sent an email to confirm the status of my application, and the told me that they had it, and that I should expect to receive an acknowledgement letter from my college soon.
Reply 6
Someone I know applying for NatSci at Pembroke hasn't had anything yet, to my knowledge at least, but he did get an email last week or something.
I got the SAQ (from Trinity) four days after I sent my form. it was rather quick
btw I'm applying from austria
Reply 8
I applied to Queens' for Economics and they just have sent me a letter telling me how the course is structured and that before the 22nd of November I'd get a letter telling whether I'm chosen for interview and the day of it... what's SAQ actually? Is the individual form that the college (supposed) to send you? I've just received a normal letter... mostly saying the same things as in the web! :frown: I want to know whether I have to buy my airplane tickets for heathrow or not!

Diego
kitsune
... what's SAQ actually? Is the individual form that the college (supposed) to send you? I've just received a normal letter... mostly saying the same things as in the web! :frown: I want to know whether I have to buy my airplane tickets for heathrow or not!

Diego

SAQ stands for supplementary additional questionnaire and there you've to fill in your modular examination marks and what you've covered in your studies. and you also have to say if you've any specific career plans ...etc.
missgalaxy
I got the SAQ (from Trinity) four days after I sent my form. it was rather quick
btw I'm applying from austria

Mine came the day after the form was meant to have got there! Trinity are obviously very efficient.
gringalet
Mine came the day after the form was meant to have got there! Trinity are obviously very efficient.

yeah, Trinity's the best :biggrin:
...required essays have to be sent in by early/mid November...it's November in less than a week...no SAQ still...getting slightly edgy...I hate waiting...

:frown:

ZarathustraX
Zarathustra
...required essays have to be sent in by early/mid November...it's November in less than a week...no SAQ still...getting slightly edgy...I hate waiting...

:frown:

ZarathustraX

maybe you won't be asked to send any essays. :cool:
i got the SAQ but didn't need to send written work.
missgalaxy
yeah, Trinity's the best :biggrin:

It is indeed!
donovandonovans
NatSci at Newnham (yes, female despite the name)
I have not heard anything yet either.

My school emailed Newnham yesterday and they replied to say that they were a more relaxed college who don't work to quite the same dates as the others, and that the last of their SAQ's would be sent either yesterday or today, so I guess you'll hear soon if you haven't already...

They'd just better not set an early-ish date for SAQ / essay submission :rolleyes:

ZarathustraX
I still haven't heard anything at all from Cambridge :frown:
Reply 17
applied for philosophy at trinity hall and got my SAQ a few days after the deadline (15/10), wasn't asked to send in essays though a bit of luck there!
Reply 18
I applied to ' for Economics at the end of August (I applied for an Organ Award) and they have not send me the SAQ but they have told me that my application has been proceed and that I'll get the dates for the interview before the 22nd of November (so.. 20 days the maximum!!!)
Reply 19
To ' for Economics (I dont know why it doesnt appear :frown: )

Latest

Trending

Trending