The Student Room Group

WJEC History?

Who's doing it here?
I am...
I've done Germany (1929 - 45), South Africa & America - Foreign Affairs & America - Race issue etc.
The Germany/South Africa is going to be pretty hard for my class as our teacher was absent for about half of the year...and when he was here we did coursework for a lot of it, instead we had pretty bad supply history teacher, or an ordinary supply. However, I've revised what we weren't taught and feel okish on it...:cool:
Hopefully I can get an A!
Reply 1
Do you have Beck for History? He was away for half of our (A2) course too and the coursework took up too much time. :frown: He's an excellent teacher though. :smile: I've had him from years 9-13 and I've learnt so much from him. I got an A* at History GCSE with him too. :biggrin:

I actually loved all the topics at GCSE, esp. America and foreign affairs (Cold War etc). Have you been given revision booklets for each topic? We were given them and they helped a lot, especially as they had past papers included in them too. The great thing about History GCSE is that you don't necessarily have to understand everything. Just learn your dates and the important events and you should be fine! :smile: The same Qs usually re-appear too, so if you prepare sufficiently the papers should be fine. :smile: Oh, and those 20 mark Qs (I think it's 20 marks?) at the end of the America papers are a godsend! I learnt a set answer that the teacher had marked and I'd got full marks in, and just memorised it well, lol. I actually went straight to those last Qs at the start of the exam so I wouldn't forget my answers! :p:

If you have any Qs I'll be happy to help too. :smile:
city_chic
Do you have Beck for History? He was away for half of our (A2) course too and the coursework took up too much time. :frown: He's an excellent teacher though. :smile: I've had him from years 9-13 and I've learnt so much from him. I got an A* at History GCSE with him too. :biggrin:

I actually loved all the topics at GCSE, esp. America and foreign affairs (Cold War etc). Have you been given revision booklets for each topic? We were given them and they helped a lot, especially as they had past papers included in them too. The great thing about History GCSE is that you don't necessarily have to understand everything. Just learn your dates and the important events and you should be fine! :smile: The same Qs usually re-appear too, so if you prepare sufficiently the papers should be fine. :smile: Oh, and those 20 mark Qs (I think it's 20 marks?) at the end of the America papers are a godsend! I learnt a set answer that the teacher had marked and I'd got full marks in, and just memorised it well, lol. I actually went straight to those last Qs at the start of the exam so I wouldn't forget my answers! :p:

If you have any Qs I'll be happy to help too. :smile:

Yes I do, I hope I have him next year :p:

Yeah, I have the revision books - They're such a life saver haha. Because we've had such a disrupted second year I'm basically just learning the mark scheme/question characteristics haha. So I should be fine, I'm hoping for an A. Although I'm still rather **** at South Africa, and struggle on the Weimar republic for Germany...
I agree with the America thing haha, they're so easy:cool:
Reply 3
me me me

i'm doing germany, russia and america(domestic, foriegn and civil rights)
Reply 4
danielharris627
Its a shame Germany isn't like it though! :frown:
Because theres like, 4 topics...and 3 will come up. And the long questions vary >.<

The source Qs with the Germany and SA papers do make them overall a little harder I guess... plus the last big Qs can vary greatly, as you said. However if you're very knowledgable about the topics then no doubt you'll still do great. I think the short Qs on the second part of the papers are overall easier than on the America papers too.

Don't only 2 topics come up though? One for the source part and one for the other part?
Reply 5
danielharris627
I find the source ones quite easy haha - Well Germany...I haven't really looked at many S.Africa ones.
Yeah, well...3 topics come up, and you have to do 2 of them. The source one you have to do and you can choose either question 2 or 3.

The source Qs definitely aren't hard; as long as you use your knowledge to be able to interpret them correctly and everything. Ah right, yeah. Only 2 topics you have to answer though. It's good to have a choice. Though it's annoying having to learn all the topics when you don't even have to do the exam on half of them. It was like that with AS too -.-

Latest