The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sena168
I prolly will stick into hospital. It may seems not so beneficial in short-term prospect becoz you will have to do your clinical diploma and salary doesn't start as high as community. However, once you have done your diploma or not even do it (in some cases). You can still do locum in hospital and pay is quite good as well but working hours are much less than community and less stress I guess (dun have to think about sales....etc)

May I remind you guys, for first yrs, lecturer always ask you to buy books. But dun buy all of them.

Rang and dale (pharmacology) is good, you will use it all the time thru' out all your course.

Any chemistry based one ----- dun waste ur money (just go to lib and borrow them if needed)

Pharmaceutical one (e.g. Aulton), Aulton is good, but not necessary and can be borrowed from lib again

When i went to the open day they didnt actually show us the facilities ie. the labs and stuff....are the pharmacy facilities good in comparison to other uni open day visits you may have been on?

where are doing your pre reg?
Reply 21
pathfinderaka8
When i went to the open day they didnt actually show us the facilities ie. the labs and stuff....are the pharmacy facilities good in comparison to other uni open day visits you may have been on?

where are doing your pre reg?

They are much better than they used to be when I first arrived. All the labs has been fitted with new tables and equipment. Obviously they won't waste money to buy those iron water boiler and minor equipment. But overall, I think they are quite good. But if you want to compare with nottingham or bath one, we ain't at that level yet. It just becoz that DMU hasn't got much research going on in comparison to other uni, that's why we hv less funding and yet this is one of the key point that we are behind in the league table.

For my pre-reg, I will do it in hospital, the application deadline is on the last day of august, so i still got sometime to fill in it. But Lloyds alrdy offered me a place, so that's a relief for me for now, as I can use it as a backup if I failed to get into hospital. :biggrin:
sena168
They are much better than they used to be when I first arrived. All the labs has been fitted with new tables and equipment. Obviously they won't waste money to buy those iron water boiler and minor equipment. But overall, I think they are quite good. But if you want to compare with nottingham or bath one, we ain't at that level yet. It just becoz that DMU hasn't got much research going on in comparison to other uni, that's why we hv less funding and yet this is one of the key point that we are behind in the league table.

For my pre-reg, I will do it in hospital, the application deadline is on the last day of august, so i still got sometime to fill in it. But Lloyds alrdy offered me a place, so that's a relief for me for now, as I can use it as a backup if I failed to get into hospital. :biggrin:

oh ok thanks for your help good luck with your pre-reg.:smile:
Reply 23
pathfinderaka8
oh ok thanks for your help good luck with your pre-reg.:smile:

Haha, thanks. Hope to see you guys round in Uni and enjoy your 1st yr.
Life does get harder and harder as you progress.

Hope I can manage yr4 lol :yep:
sena168

well we wont know for sure if we got in or not until results day on thursday..but yeah....! i hope i get in!
Reply 25
hey guysss i got in!!!!! So glad the stress is over!!! How u lot do??
sena168

Hi, I got in to DMU to study pharmacy in september...but I'm going on holiday soon so i need to make sure I have sorted out all of my uni stuff before I leave because i wont have time to sort out when I get back. So i was wondering if you could help me...i have uploaded the reading list that I got in the post I was just wondering if you could just highlight the ones you recommend I definitely buy for uni please.... and where can I get them at a reasonable price

Thanks in advance for your help
hi all dmu was my insurance and i achieved the grades for it however im unsure whether i will be going. does anyone know or did commute from bham to dmu everyday as i dont want to move and i had m y heart set on going to aston. and would anyone be able to tell me what the timetables are like roughly like how many weeks on and off.
i dont know whether to just come here or swap and do dental hygiene in birmingham?

Latest

Trending

Trending