The Student Room Group
The SS were the elite troops who were Hitler's bodyguards. The SA were the general troops who were very large and led by Rohm. Thats all I can remember right now :s-smilie: I have half term to learn all of that anyway :smile: Sorry for not helpng much
The SS is the elite group of Nazis - they're the ones who ran the death camps (the Blackshirts)

The SA were the everyday ones loads of people joined (the Brownshirts)

I haven't looked at my revision notes in a while, but the Munich Putsch failed because it wasn't that well organised. If you recall, Hitler ended up in prison.

Looking it up now...

Ah, here we go

In November 1923, Hitler and his supporters tried to take control of the Bavarian government. The plan was to capture Munich and then march on to Berlin. Hitler was convinced people would join him in overthrowing the Weimar Government. On 8 November, Hitler forced (at gunpoint) members of the Bavarian government to join him. The next day, Bavarian police opened fire on Nazi Stormtroopers in Munich and 16 Nazis were killed. Hitler and Ludendorff (the former First World War general who was now a Nazi supporter) were arrested and charged with high treason. Hitler received the minimum sentence, which he served in the comfortable Landsberg Fortress and wrote his memoirs (Mein Kampf, “My Struggle&#8221:wink:.

That was from my revision notes - I made them using the yellow and pink revision guide (can't remember who it's written by or what it's called!). It's written especially for AQA and has been really good, so it might be worth investing in one of those.

Hope this helps
Reply 3
:biggrin: Thanks, its all coming back to me now

Latest