The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography B

(The other thread seems exclusive to the Human paper)

How did we find this? I think the human paper went better than the physical - but I'm not sure if I remembered to do those little crosses to mark the question I was doing.:eek:

Human: 3, 4, 5
Physical: Can't remember the question numbers I did... I remember one about wave refraction. A coastal flooding/deposition one (which I guessed the name of a case study, and got it right when I looked last night :biggrin:) and one about sustainable river management. :smile:
i thought it was a really hard paper. everyone in my class ,started getting illl for some reason, i had massive tension headaches and it hurt so bad that i struggled to answer some of the questions. but i hope i did well though.
i thought it was a really hard paper. everyone in my class ,started getting illl for some reason, i had massive tension headaches and it hurt so bad that i struggled to answer some of the questions. but i hope i did well though.:frown: :confused:
Reply 3
.Daniel
(The other thread seems exclusive to the Human paper)

How did we find this? I think the human paper went better than the physical - but I'm not sure if I remembered to do those little crosses to mark the question I was doing.:eek:

Human: 3, 4, 5
Physical: Can't remember the question numbers I did... I remember one about wave refraction. A coastal flooding/deposition one (which I guessed the name of a case study, and got it right when I looked last night :biggrin:) and one about sustainable river management. :smile:

That would be 1, 4 and 5, they were the same questions that I did.
Reply 4
It seemed different to all the practise papers I'd done before................not sure how I have done i remember doin the wave refraction question the rest was just a blur haha :smile:
Reply 5
The paper was weird...I belive i did 3, 4 & 5
I was so messed up lol...my case studies just didnt seem to fit, I spent most of my time talking about my local area and London, and a few other big cities like Liverpool (for regenertaion along with Birmingham)

I was demoralised after the first paper...and then the second paper just destroyed me, Its a mark a minute! No time to read through things xD.

Anyway I was left with 7 minutes to finish my 10 mark question, and I just gave up...put my pen down....I was just burnt out...then with about 3 minutes left I rush the answer and come to a conclusion....but meh at least i finished both papers most people didnt finish...

Low border lines....I hope =/
Reply 6
I took this as a resit from Jan 08... it was a joke of a paper...typical edexcel with their inconsistent papers, I gave up after 40 mins, left out the 10 mark essays, dont think I got more than 15 ums on it, there I've lowered the boundary for you all lol
Reply 7
I thought Physical was easier than Human for a first!
Human had those horrible questions where it would break it up into three and then mark the whole thing out of 10 so had no idea how much to write.

It was quite a horrible paper than previous years but I feel quite happy about it :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah I hope the grade boundaries go down, the were both really hard.

On the physical I did 3,4,5 lol. Used the Maldives Coral Reefs, erm, 1953 storm flood and Holderness coast.
Couldn't do the river ones, Coasts are my better one *touch wood*

On the other one I think I did 4/5 maybe and 2. I did the re imaging of an medc U write about Birmingham and London, erm then can't remember the other ones.

One I had to make up though about changing poulation in ledc rural areas :-( I couldnt think of the place that had 1/5 aids or whatever (turns out it was uganda) i said Nairobi
Reply 9
Oops i take it 12 hours have passed I got a warning for discussing another ed excel exam :-/
Reply 10
^It's been a nightmare waiting for those 12 hours to pass.

What order did those who sat both papers do them in? I started with Physical, then done Human. We had no break between them, once the second one started I just couldn't be bothered. :frown:
Reply 11
It was a very hard paper! Compared to last years one anyway!
Reply 12
.Daniel

I did those too! I ran out of time though and so I've gotten absolute 0 for the coastal flooding because all I had time to do was to write one sentence of an introduction. I found the exams both really pushed for time, but the physical was just horrible, nothing came to me - especially that sediment bit! :frown:
Reply 13
Just a quick qu based on what Nick_S said- for the coastal flooding qu were we supposed to use 1 case study or could we use more than 1 cos I think I talked about 3 separate places in it :eek: (not enough knowledge about any 1 lol)
Reply 14
Hmm not sure I kind of did UK but focused on Kent and the affect on PEOPLE, I think thatw as the buzz word.
Reply 15
yeah I focussed on people- I think??? I didn't do environ imp but split it into social but also economic cos that has a maj eff on people's lives too??? Yes???? (pleading for reasurrance here :s-smilie: )
Reply 16
Nick_S
Hmm not sure I kind of did UK but focused on Kent and the affect on PEOPLE, I think thatw as the buzz word.

Yea I did Kent because I live here.

Well i was sort of suacidal...I did 5 hours of intensive revision..1 hour break...and then the 3 hours of exams xD
Reply 17
I was initially going to do Boscastle for the Coastal Flooding question, until I realised (after doing the 20 marks before it) that Boscastle was a river flood. :frown:
Reply 18
CRU-jo0 yeah me to.

Soph!e I'm sure you did fine.

Latest