The Student Room Group
I've Never, but if its a store you really want to work at, then you can always ring and ask, but if you dont really care then i agree with your mom. Its not like if they're gonna give to a second chance anytime soon. I guess the feedback can help you improve your application to other jobs, so its up to you.
Reply 2
I have never asked for feedback, but I reckon it would be a useful thing to do. If you were rejected due to something like them needing more hours than you can do, then you know it's not personal. If you did something wrong at interview, you can find that out and make sure you don't do it next time! :smile: Just phone up, ask for the manager and ask him/her if they could briefly give you a bit of feedback.
i never have done, but I would do if i were given the option. let you know if you were doing anything wrong/made a major cock up and also what bits you did well. useful when going to other interviews.
Denny Crane
I've Never, but if its a store you really want to work at, then you can always ring and ask, but if you dont really care then i agree with your mom. Its not like if they're gonna give to a second chance anytime soon. I guess the feedback can help you improve your application to other jobs, so its up to you.

Im not desperate to work at the store, i would just like to know why so whatever it is, I can improve on for future interviews. Also the money was pants, so pretty glad I didn't get it anyway.
If they have said that they obviously wouldn't mind you ringing them, so it might be a good idea. If it is something you can improve on i.e something you said in your interview, you will be able to learn from it for when you have another one.
I have always asked for feedback on any interview I have attended, and most aswell when Ive sent my CV and been unsuccessful.

I think you will benefit from it 100%, they can tell you where you went wrong, what you were good at, and anything else which will only be beneficial to your next interview.
Reply 7
I have asked for feedback in the past, in fact I've made data protection act requests for my application and interview scores.

Where you're strong and where you're weak are very useful things to know. There's no point working on something you're already good at when someone else might be stopping you from landing the job.

If you've been provided with a phone number and specifically told you could get feedback, then I'd definately go for it.
Reply 8
So what if you're "wasting" his time, what's he going to do? Reject you again? Go for it :smile:
Reply 9
Yeah ring up if you want to know. To be honest, they do tend to be quite silly little reasons, so don't take anything to heart. I've had two job interviews in the past few months. The feedback from one said I was very confident, friendly and approachable. The other said I was "sweet" (how patronising...) but didn't have enough confidence in myself! In the past, I used to ask for feedback, read it carefully and think about it a bit, then rip it up. It's therapeutic :smile:

Oh and also I was once rejected from a high street store, and a month later got a letter from them saying actually would I like a job after all. It does happen, and you're likely to to stick in the manager's mind if you ring up, politely ask for feedback and say "thank you very much, I'll definitely bear that in mind in future". And then if he does offer you a job, YOU can reject HIM! Haha.
Thanks for your input guys.

Will give the manager a call tomorrow.
you hav enothing to lose by finding out, i think its quite nice of him to offer...
LoL TSR's, can I just clarify that the manager isn't a he, its a she! lol :p:
I would find out, I always ask for feedback from all job interviews. I've only been rejected from one interview by ManPower and they basically told me I wasn't a good enough liar to work for them

:rofl:

People don't mind giving feedback, it's part of the interview process for most employers so go for it! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending