The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i did spies as a resit... felt that it went much better than last times which i got an E on...it can only get better right?? :P
and i did the all my sons q which was ****e!
but the chaucer one was a godsend! i had loadsa annotation so had a **** load 2 write!
Reply 41
Spies was a disaster. I basically done no A03 I did the fatherhood question, overall i am retaking that, it was just horrible.

AMS + Chaucer were OK, but i think i blahhed on at Chaucer. It was a really open question and i think you could have talked about anything.
Reply 42
I did
Spies, which I was dreading the most but went the best
All My Sons - did the astrology and fate questions, rubbish choice, couldnt think of anything to say!!
Hardy - fate and destiny question, went really badly too, rubbish choice of questions!!! and i might sound really really stupid but when it said suggested a sunday morning tragedy, i couldnt even think of much to write about fate in that poem?! but the other question was even worse!
Nicolish
awww all these people who didnt know what subversive meant...I didnt know either but my teacher whispered it into my ear lmfao

soo illegal!

haha, the teacher proper subtle about it lol?
what they actually say?
Reply 44
did no one do tony harrison?
Reply 45
Cold Mountain - Chose the question with extract about how appropriate it is to the beginning of the novel.. Meh not too bad i think. I wrote more than i did in my jan exam and after an E it must..has to.. go up!! :s-smilie:

All My Sons -Chose the question on George/sympathy question.. I thought it was a good question wrote about him, Chris and Keller and mentioned Ann and Mother at the end.. I was rather happy with that..

Chaucer - Chose the question about the Miller/Talee and how it reflects him. Erm.. think i rambled a bit but hopeful got a few good marks in their somewhere...

Just have to wait and see... :smile: And hope for the best.. :s-smilie:
Reply 46
lotusx
i did the religious one too. but WHAT DO YOU MEAN, ANNOTATED?!
you got to take in your annotated copy? ohmygod!
& i thought that there was nothing to write about in letter 86, there was only a 1 paragraph on god and that was it.

yeah we did! I don't think our english department is corrupt either (We tried to pool together some money to bribe them). Like someone above me said, brief notes are okay...they were quite usefull, especially so I could sort of flick through the book looking for stuff I'd annotated "religion"...

To Chaucer people...CHOICE OF QUESTION???!!! I thought there was only one available??
Reply 47
Chaucer and All my Sons.

Never even heard of astrology as a theme before, I ended up basically saying that astrology was an obstacle in the inevitable returning of the past - since frank's predictions gave kate hope that larry was still alive. Jim's dismissal of it signified the communal dislike towards frank for not fighting in the war, and ultimately the dislike of his ideas - the letter signifying larry's death undermined astrology too. Few others things but as I said I'd never even considered "astrology" before so these are what I made up off the top of my head.

I could've cried on chaucer, gave up at the end. Was awful.
Reply 48
Tis Pity - did Bergetto question, though I felt like i didn't actually say anything much....

My timing was good though haha..
Reply 49
Spies was the one I was dreading the most but it actually was better than I thought it would be, I managed to remember a few quotes and include language analysis and a load of rubbish about 'Frayn's writer's craft' so hopefully it will be above my year average of a C lol

Wilde was really good actually, practically my ideal question

Duffy was okay, I picked the subversive question (I'd just been writing a load of rubbish about how Wilde is subversive so I was like ooh!) and I used The Devil's Wife, Little Red Cap and Anne Hathaway but I really didn't have a lot of time in that question and it was rushed and a bit crap really.
Reply 50
Cold Mountain - hadnt been taught ANYTHING on America so i did extract question
Tis Pity - I seem to be the only one in my class to have done the Bergetto question : /
Philip Larkin - The Long Slide one

I can't really tell how I have done : / did about 11 pages all together
Ahhh I failed English lit big time this year :frown: Resits in Jan for sure, I was so nervous and I freaked out when I saw the Duffy question! Damn it, I'll have to put my bonfire for the Duffy and Angela Carter books on hold until next year :p:
wise children - parenthood question. was a nice question but wish i had done more on the theme.

tis pity - scene question. well i didnt quite realise how long the scene was so i didnt talk about half of the scene and concentrated on the half where i actually had notes on and linked out to various other places in the play.

high windows - the long slide question. ahaha i think i might retake this one, did not like it AT ALL but i think i answered the question..kind of :s-smilie:

Latest