The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I put 8.33%. 7 divided by 84 X 100
Reply 21
FreakyZiki
My mate said we were supposed to add them both together 84+7=91 then find out what percentage 7 wasof that

I think it said that it eats 84.
So 7/84 * 100 = 8.33%

Well thats what i put down for that question...
Reply 22
carboncarbon
why did i write glucagon for 'what digested insulin'... for 1 second it came into my mind glucagon was opposite of insulin and i wrote it down...

I wrote that at first, then read "enzyme" and croessed it out. Then i stupidly put amylase as a guess right at end of exam :s
Reply 23
i was supposed to do the higher paper for this, but they stupidly put me in the foundation tier, was sooooo annoyed! The paper was pretty easy, so i hope I did well. The most I could get is a C tho, which I am sooooo annoyed about!!!!
it says at the top of the page "insulin is a protein". therefore it is protease
Reply 25
i got 8.3% .. i reckon i got 35/45 .. hope thats A* .. what was the answer to the question about the pancreas duct being blocked of or something and why he still survived? i put that because enzymes are also made in the small intestine and protease in the stomach .. is that right?
Reply 26
SS92 that should be right.
SS92
i got 8.3% .. i reckon i got 35/45 .. hope thats A* .. what was the answer to the question about the pancreas duct being blocked of or something and why he still survived? i put that because enzymes are also made in the small intestine and protease in the stomach .. is that right?

I put summat pretty similar. :smile: I just put that the pancreas doesn't actually digest the food but that actually happens in the small intestine where enzymes are also produced.

It was only worth one mark so I doubt you'd have to go into much detail. :smile:
Reply 28
I thought it was horrible. The science was fine but the questions were just so vague and badly worded it was really hard to work out what they wanted.

anyarian
that dog thing was stupid though. "evaluate the use of dogs.... make sure you include a conclusion"

I know! what the hell was that? Did they want the ethics of killing dogs or the science of how dogs' digestive systems aren't an entirely accurate model for our own? i just wrote both and ran over the lines loads.

anyarian
does anyone else HATE the paper it was printed on?

YES! eugh! it kept stickign to my hands and it felt really weird. why? WHY?
Reply 29
could someone remind me what the Cystic Fibrosis questions were?
slonzor
I know! what the hell was that? Did they want the ethics of killing dogs or the science of how dogs' digestive systems aren't an entirely accurate model for our own? i just wrote both and ran over the lines loads.

Phew! I did the same. :biggrin:
SS92

There was a genetic diagram showing a male with cystic fibrosis and a female who was not diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. They had two kids, one male who did and one female who didn't. All I can remember is the questions asked how did child with C.F actually have it and how did the girl not have it.

Can't rememeber if there was any others ..

I messed that question up. :frown: After revising it for ages I completely forgot both parents need to be carriers as its a recessive allele so what I wrote was completely wrong. :rolleyes: So that's 4 marks lost just like that. :frown:
I was quite confident with the test, however, not as much science was involved as I had hoped for. I knew the DNA fingerprinting question after reading the CGP guide as well as my school textbook. Although, I must say the dog question was a slightly puzzling. Answered every question though, didn't really have to think about what I put down, just came naturally. Well I hope I did well. :biggrin:
Also, did anyone see Osmosis or Diffusion come up? Our teacher was so confident it would have.
Reply 34
SS92

The first thing was saying what cystic fibrosis affects.

Then you had the questions with two parents, one of whom presents with it and one of whom doesn't, and two children and explain why the first child presented with it but the second didn't.

I didn't really know how in depth i was supposed to go with those answers. You obviously had to mention that the second parent was a carrier somewhere but i didn't want to just repeat myself for both questions.
Reply 35
123mccann
Also, did anyone see Osmosis or Diffusion come up? Our teacher was so confident it would have.

Lol it has NEVER come up!

Not on sample paper, not in Jan, and not in this!
Reply 36
who else had an exam paper made of shiny paper?
i kept smudging my ink!
& diffusion did come up, "what is the difference between active transport & diffusion?"
though that was in B3 so you might not have done it...
yeah that was horrible shiny paper. I kept getting silly random words transferred when there was like a black bit on the next page from when i had been pressing down on the paper haha.
Nope, I did B2 I was well hoping for it to come up. I found the later question in the paper much easier than the first, had to actually think for the graph one.
Reply 39
123mccann
Nope, I did B2 I was well hoping for it to come up. I found the later question in the paper much easier than the first, had to actually think for the graph one.

I hate graph questions.

You never know how much detail to say. Like should I say "as temperature increases, the time decreases" or should I say "as temperature increases, the time decreases, however as the line is curved, as the temperature increases further the time decreases at a slower rate". It's confusing.

Latest