The Student Room Group

Scannig of Exam Papers

Heyy, I just did my english literature exam today and made lots of points in the margin which i added to my paragraphs.
I was just wondering, do they just completely disregard both the margins when scanning the papers.. or do they only cut out the margin where it says "Leave margin blank" .. i didn't write in that margin but i did in the other one and im quite worried that those comments will be disregarded because some of them were quite good..

any help accepted gratefully :biggrin:
Reply 1
there's usually a boarder around the paper, its that bit that they will see, not just where the lines are. and i think they would even see the 'leave margin blank' bit, its just they would rather it were blank as the markers write in it (may be wrong).

unless it was literally to the edge of the page i think you'd be fine.
Reply 2
don worry ,... they wont be to harsh since its an exam ... they knoe students will be under pressure. they will find a way to do it. anyways books and board did u do
i did gillean clarke poems and translations ... what abt u ?

If it is clear that some of the writing goes off the page, they can request for the hard copy paper to be sent and marked.
ahhhh thankyou :smile:
i was quite worried with people talking about all exam boards scanning ALL papers now
Lexybabe
don worry ,... they wont be to harsh since its an exam ... they knoe students will be under pressure. they will find a way to do it. anyways books and board did u do
i did gillean clarke poems and translations ... what abt u ?

I did Carol Ann Duffy&Oscar Wilde and then Spies

Latest