The Student Room Group

Candidate Number / Centre Numbers - Importance?

Hi there,

Today I was pretty much coming down with a cold and I had OCR (MEI) Maths Core 4 in the afternoon. I found the paper alright and all but with the migraine I've got, I can't remember whether I checked that the Candidate Number on my answer script was correct. :eek:

Now, I've had the same number for nearly 4 years now so I suspect I put it down correctly and I simply wrote it down by reflex (I know I wrote something down) but in the event that I haven't written the correct one down, am I in trouble as far as getting my mark is concerned? Obviously my name and signature is correct.

Cheers,

Mul
Its pretty important but I'm sure it wouldn't affect your too much.
Reply 2
Mul
OP
I'm sure it's just paranoia getting the best of me along with this cold I'm having at the moment (great timing to fall ill :rolleyes: ) but I just wanted to check that I'm not going to get 0 for the paper (which would be awful because I think I've done very well). I need an A overall in maths!
I'm sure they won't. I'd imagine they'd have contingency plans. I mean if they went off your candidate number alone they wouldn't ask you to write your name on the paper as well would they!
Reply 4
If you wrote your name and centre number correct you'll be fine! Wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Reply 5
Mul
OP
Brill. Thanks very much. Chem Practical + Business Studies resits next.... :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Unless two people with exactly the same name at your school did it... it won't be a problem! The Candidate Number uniquely identifies the person taking the exam.

Latest