The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't really know! I'd be happy with 2A*s and 7As at least. The most I think I can get is 7A*s and 2As, but I doubt that will happen because I feel like I've messed all of my exams up :frown:
Reply 21
You'll be fine Piecebypiece..
:biggrin:
Nayberay
You'll be fine Piecebypiece..
:biggrin:

Thank you Nayberay, but I guess we'll have to wait until results day to find out! Only another 3 months of waiting in anticipation to go....
A*- Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and PE Full Course
A- Electronics, IT, IS, English Language(maybe a B), History
B- English Lit
21st August :~
piece_by_piece
I don't really know! I'd be happy with 2A*s and 7As at least. The most I think I can get is 7A*s and 2As, but I doubt that will happen because I feel like I've messed all of my exams up :frown:

Why is everyone here so pessimisstic? You are clearly intelligent so don't worry and think about the next exam and forget the one thats gone. Geez...and I'm meant to be pessimisstic :wink:
RoadWarrior
Why is everyone here so pessimisstic? You are clearly intelligent so don't worry and think about the next exam and forget the one thats gone. Geez...and I'm meant to be pessimisstic :wink:

I have no idea why I'm so pessimisstic; I suppose I've always been like this. Thanks anyway for your advice, I'll try to focus on my next exam, rather than focusing on the ones that have gone.
RoadWarrior

I suppose it just means alot to some people; if you dont get what you wanted it feels like the years of school have been wasted. :confused: :p:
Reply 27
Hoping for 8 A* in Triple Science, Maths, English, Geography, IT and Business Economics and 2 A's in German and English Lit.

Hopefully, considering how easy the OCR German Listening was, I could get an A* in German as well provided I do the reading exam well tomorrow.
Reply 28
piece_by_piece
Thank you Nayberay, but I guess we'll have to wait until results day to find out! Only another 3 months of waiting in anticipation to go....

I know what is that about..Sufferation to the max lol..
Are you going in or getting your results posted to you..I'm going in
Nayberay
I know what is that about..Sufferation to the max lol..
Are you going in or getting your results posted to you..I'm going in

I'm going in! I'm crapping myself already, and I haven't even finished my exams. I just want to be the first person in, because I don't wanna have to see people crying/jumping for joy and thinking "which one am I going to be?!". Ahhhhhh, I'm scared!
Reply 30
I'm hoping for 11 A* and 1 A
Including the ones I already have (2 A* and 1 A)
Plus an AS level grade A (French) and maths fsmq grade A
But I think 10 A* and 2 A is more likely, as i'm predicted an A* for lit but I think i'm more likely get an A in it.
But you never know :wink:
My only worry is the fact that I don't think I wrote the question number on my writing exam for AS level French but the question will be obvious anyway so i'm hoping my examiner is kind/intelligent :rolleyes:
Reply 31
piece_by_piece
I'm going in! I'm crapping myself already, and I haven't even finished my exams. I just want to be the first person in, because I don't wanna have to see people crying/jumping for joy and thinking "which one am I going to be?!". Ahhhhhh, I'm scared!

Lol Ditto to that..Hopefully I'm gonna be smiling..You never know though
Results Day...The only problem is that the time of the post at my school was rubbish last year we had to go in from like 12-1pm onwards ..what a liberty lol.. so my friends from other schools kept phoning me saying "what did you get" and I'm like "I aint even got my bloody results yet" LOL the to make the feeling of intensity even worse I got given someone elses results who had the same name as me and it said C's on their I wanted to cry then I realised like five minutes later that it was some next persons results got mine and they were A*-B grades Lol..Thats divee me cuz I was thinking that there was something seriously wrong lol..

I hope they get it right this time round or I'll have to sort out the stupid exam clerks lol
Hoping for 14 A*s, got 3 A*s so far from last year...but think I'll end up getting around 2 As in the end anyway
I want 6A*s and 4As. Well, that's what I'm thinking I can get. Maybe a B actually in something. But anything better would be amazing!

I'm fine till I think about going in for results day. Just the idea makes my heart beat loads :/
Reply 34
A* - Geography, Food, Philosophy and Ethics, Statistics,
A - English Language, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Business Studies
B - Maths

The A* predictions are probably a bit high tbh... I'd be hopeful of A* in Philosophy and Ethics still though. Maths I really don't know any more, anything over a C is a bonus
Reply 35
Good luck everyone
mikeGCSE
Oh no! Its not as if A's are bad grades, so just shut up. I hope you get B's to knock you off your pederstal.

Oi, don't talk like that to anyone! If he is intelligent enough to aim for those grades, you should be congratulating him. He isn't on a pedestal, its called reality and if someone wants all A*s and he gets all As, then it is like you aiming for all Cs and getting all Ds. If for him, an A is bad, we should appreciate his aims not be jealous of him and put him down.

Originally Posted by nodacantabile
im predicted 11 A* but i have a really nervousy feeling which started from today and i think that i've got 11As instead

You go get your A*s dude and show this guy what you can do :wink:
I trust everyone will perform better than they expect and will be happy on results day although we all feel nervous and are being very pessimistic at the moment. Goodluck and do your very best!!!
Did maths last year. Out of the 8 I'm doing this year, I'd like half to be A*s - 2 of them are almost guaranteed (science), but I'm much less confident about the others.

Though what I really want is not to get any Bs (or lower!). I'm really hoping English Literature hasn't let me down.

I'll get what I need to be able to do my choices next year, so really the breakdown doesn't matter too much, nor does what grade I get for what subject. All purely for myself.
1 A*, 7A's and 2 B's, but I think it will be highly unlikely that I will get that as I have done no revision for business studies which is tomorrow and I am absolutely awful at Design and Technology. :frown:

Latest